It's All So Quiet......

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Blackrat, Oct 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

My experience of the Navy is of drunk blokes singing songs like "Blue liners and bubbly and men dressed as women..", having fist fights and generally having a crack. Coming on this site as an Army type, i expected more of this, but in the written form. I understand that there was a mass exodus to a new site called ROMFT (is that roll on my fcuking time or twelve?) but surely that is not the real reason? To be honest, i've seen more life in a tramps vest. What's up with you lot?

(Lying down awaiting incoming)

2. There aren't many young matelots on here and the old'n'bolds are still asleep.

Me? I'm an hour ahead of you and am just running the gauntlet of the wife with the "are you on that bl00dy comnputer again?"

Get a life mode <OFF>
    :)

3. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

That was a typical RR response by flymo. The reason why this site is in danger of being consigned to the Darby n Joan home for gentlefolk.

Boring as fuck and moderated out of existance.

4. Thsi is not the first time you have posted this observation!!!!!!!

You also seem to know a lot about Matelot speak from this and you other post?

The you may have spent time finding it out, or are you under another disguise?

As for you point, yes it has become very quiet lately, there has been a lot of site MOD & Postee content discussion over the past few months and a lot have moved on.

Everyone has there own view on this.

Hopefully we have not become another casualty to the PC / do not say anything bad brigade. I agree there are limits and sometimes they have been bridged, and acted on accordingly.

But recently you could not post anything without some recourse for your Post.

Only time will tell if the site returns to its previous self.

Back to Percy Pongo,

Who the hell do you know that:

1.Owns a computer

2. Can use a computer

3. Can put together more than one word in a sentence.

LOL Good old banter to keep you happy Blackrat!!

Better Know.

5. Blackrat

I know a wee bit of matelot speak because:

A) One of my bezzers is ex RN
    B) I'm a member of an RNA club thus increasing the profile and status of said club

I am NOT a matelot. How dare you. Pistols at dawn.

As to the rest of your reply, that's more like it. Did you learn to type in the Navy? Surprised they had computers in the engine room :wink:

6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Apparently there was a little get-together last night. As Smudge was being made airtight, he gagged and chomped down on Dickie, causing Dinger to rip his foreskin. Sharky, who was filming the event, got an terrible fright and tripped over the tripod breaking his dodgy wrist again.

So as you can see, all the lads are at A&E chatting up all the hot nurses.

7. Blackrat

Ahhh. That would explain it. And there was me thinking that everyone was tucked up in bed drinking coco while watching the Hollyoaks omnibus with a box of kleenex on standby.

8. Blackrat

Bjork. You would wouldn't you? Well worth the meal of stewed seal and putting up with her obvious insanity. Mind you, i preferred her stuff when she was in the Sugarcubes.

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I reckon you make a fair observation Blackrat, it does tend to go in fits & starts on RR.

When you look at the membership in relation to those actively serving, the ARRSE side of things nears 50% & the RR bit nearer 25%.

Funnily enough, as always, a contentious thread rattles a few cages & livens things up for a while but then dies down pretty sharpish.

Maybe the Newbies section is guilty of encouraging potential joiners to post careers related queries, which probably infuriates the old & bold membership & discourages serving matelots & booties from participating as it may seem quasi-official. (It ain't).

The current 'balance', if that's the right word, on here comprises largely those that have served & those that want to. Presumably, the largely untapped element of those that are currently serving may also be due to the fact that, as ever, they're 'run ragged' trying to keep what's left of the Navy covering the tasks formerly undertaken by much more.

10. Blackrat

'Aint that the truth? Cut backs here, cutbacks there and England still expects (apologies to the other countries in the union)

I have to say, i've been made most welcome here, for which i thank you. As for your newbies section, some people will ask bone questions without realising they are bone, which can be infuriating. Some of the enquiries i have seen could have been researched (in my opinion) but people are just lazy these days.

I'll hang around for a while to see how things go. Sorry about the smell, but water is used for drinking only.

11. I only came on here to compare the contents of my rape kit with people who almost certainly have more international experience in this matter.

Clubbing kids and hookers in Rotherham and playfully massaging their kydneys with my distended man meat comes a close second to a dirty, sexually ambiguous naval type windmilling through a Eastern Asian school playground.

So far I have a hammer, sweets, a crochet hook and a wonderful gaffa tape that could restrain a 23 stone single mother in a chip shop.

12. Blackrat

Ello Jonno. Wanna buy some Chloroform?

13. I use a 2 year old wank sock that having fermented for a few months creates a similar effect. And there's always Henry Hammer for the stubborn ones.

14. Blackrat

Fair enough. I like those break glass hammers you find near emergency exits myself. Much easier to conceal and they pack one hell of a whack.

15. I had been eating, but even imagining the smell of that is making me faint! Sounds effective all right! :) :lol:

16. Pongos eh? Can't live with them, can't kill them!

17. I second that! :)

18. Blackrat

Oh come on. We're not that bad. While you are enjoying your cruise, getting suntans, showers, hotbunking with Big Willie from the bilge and having a girl (or boy for the ladies) in every port, we're covered in shite and no glory drinking brews (or wets for you Booties) with fecking twigs and mud in. Join the Navy and see the world. Join the Army and see the other world.