Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's a quagmire if you go that far and try to take over Iraq

Re: It's a quagmire if you go that far and try to take over

And I thought it was hindsight that was supposed to be 20/20 not foresight......
 
Re: It's a quagmire if you go that far and try to take over

Iraq is one of only a handful of countries in the world not under the control of the wealthy banking elite.
To my mind the whole reason for the war was to change that, despite the obvious lessons of history, and I fear it will go on until that change is brought about.
Most of the other countries are on the most wanted list of the U.S; seems very smelly to me.
 

Bergen

ADC
Re: It's a quagmire if you go that far and try to take over

sussex2 said:
Iraq is one of only a handful of countries in the world not under the control of the wealthy banking elite.
To my mind the whole reason for the war was to change that, despite the obvious lessons of history, and I fear it will go on until that change is brought about.
Most of the other countries are on the most wanted list of the U.S; seems very smelly to me.

Saddam tried to set up an oil bourse so that he could trade Iraqi oil in Euros. That was never going to fly because it challenged the existing trading structure that ensures that every drop of oil produced in the world is traded in US$.

Guess which other country is presently trying to set up it's own oil bourse??

RM
 
D

Deleted 493

Guest
Re: It's a quagmire if you go that far and try to take over

“…sir, if we’d have ‘pressed on’, as you say…and taken Baghdad, we’d still be stuck there like a dinosaur in a mudpool…â€

Norman Schwartzkopf – 1994


Levers
 
Me I don't go for all these fancy theories, rather that the Shrub got fed up with SH waving two fingers at him because Daddy was frightened to go all the way.
 

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Re: It's a quagmire if you go that far and try to take over

The Dollar is a fiat currency, it's only value is that OPEC requires alll oil transactions to be paid for and sold in $$$$$.

This allows the US Treasury to print any amount of $$$ and artifically boost the USA's wealth becuase everyone has to buy $$$$. As long as Oil is bought in $$$$ this gravy train will never hit the buffers, as soon as the Euro becomes an oil currency USA LLc is bust.

It's all here…

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2006/cr021506.htm
 
Re: It's a quagmire if you go that far and try to take over

Oil_Slick said:
The Dollar is a fiat currency, it's only value is that OPEC requires alll oil transactions to be paid for and sold in $$$$$.

This allows the US Treasury to print any amount of $$$ and artifically boost the USA's wealth becuase everyone has to buy $$$$. As long as Oil is bought in $$$$ this gravy train will never hit the buffers, as soon as the Euro becomes an oil currency USA LLc is bust.

It's all here…

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2006/cr021506.htm

But isn't that all to much for the Shrub to unerstand unlike two fingers.
 

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Re: It's a quagmire if you go that far and try to take over

Maxi_77 said:
Oil_Slick said:
The Dollar is a fiat currency, it's only value is that OPEC requires alll oil transactions to be paid for and sold in $$$$$.

This allows the US Treasury to print any amount of $$$ and artifically boost the USA's wealth becuase everyone has to buy $$$$. As long as Oil is bought in $$$$ this gravy train will never hit the buffers, as soon as the Euro becomes an oil currency USA LLc is bust.

It's all here…

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2006/cr021506.htm

But isn't that all to much for the Shrub to unerstand unlike two fingers.


Look beyond shrub, it's 'the folks on the Hill' what calls the shots.
 

Bergen

ADC
Re: It's a quagmire if you go that far and try to take over

Oil_Slick said:
Maxi_77 said:
Oil_Slick said:
The Dollar is a fiat currency, it's only value is that OPEC requires alll oil transactions to be paid for and sold in $$$$$.

This allows the US Treasury to print any amount of $$$ and artifically boost the USA's wealth becuase everyone has to buy $$$$. As long as Oil is bought in $$$$ this gravy train will never hit the buffers, as soon as the Euro becomes an oil currency USA LLc is bust.

It's all here…

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2006/cr021506.htm

But isn't that all to much for the Shrub to unerstand unlike two fingers.


Look beyond shrub, it's 'the folks on the Hill' what calls the shots.


USA Inc. is a busted flush. The present sub-prime loan crisis - caused by a mountain of US consumer debt is just a foretaste of things to come. The US Federal Debt stands at around 9.5 Trillion Dollars and 'hide the debt' is a Washington shell-game that is about to come off the rails.

The Clinton administration left a 3 Trillion Dollar surplus - so in round figures Bubbleboy has spent 3+9.5 = 12.5 Trillion Dollars in the past 7 years. It is only dollar oil trading and the ability to print an endless supply of dollar bills to support those transactions that is staving off a masive recession. King George's administration is dead in the water and 'the folks on the hill' led by Reid and Pellosi have already forced the resignations of Rumsfled / Rove / Abu Gonzales. Next will be Cheney when he is nailed for war profiteering.

RM
 
Re: It's a quagmire if you go that far and try to take over

India Daily, November 27, 2004.

After Iraq it is Venezuela - the next oil confrontation between America and Euro Zone and this time a new super power coalition of India, China, Russia and Brazil makes the difference.

http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/11-27b-04.asp

According to think tanks, it is not Iran but Venezuela will be the next epicenter of confrontation for oil supremacy. But this time both Euro zone and America will face a real formidable super power coalition - the combined resources of India, China, Russia and Brazil.

This tends not to get noticed as, probably, it's not quite so easy to start a shooting match with Venezuela. The US has been making economic life difficult for them, though, and Chavez is duly demonised. It could be that Johnny Persian is on the back of the camel's hump again on this intention. Venezuela was pushing the argument back in 2003.
Venezuelan Move to Replace US$ with the Euro Upsetting Washington More than Saddam's Euro Conversion Last November
http://www.globalpolicy.org/nations/sovereign/dollar/2003/0624euro.htm

Sorry for any Thread drift but the bigger picture is important. Of course control of the oil market is an important factor in Iran's place in the "axis of evil" but its shade of Islam probably outweighs it.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS £5 billion in student finance paid so far this term MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM Letter to veterans of the Far East campaign: 15 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First far north “blood bike” named MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Far-right terror group proscribed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Order to proscribe far-right terrorist group comes into force MoD News 0
MoD_RSS One year on from ‘Rosewell review’: What have we learnt so far? MoD News 0
vauxhall FAR, AFPS, EDP ---- Finance & Pensions 0
T The Recruitment Process - my experience so far... (4 months since applying) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Speech: Putin’s sinister threats and lies extend far beyond his own country: article by Boris Johnson MoD News 0
jesse Great Books in my far from humble opinion The Book Club 6
W Looking to Join RNR but nearest establishment is rather far away Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
D Hunting Records - Far East WW2 History 5
S How far past basic fitness requirements should I aim for? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
F In a far off land...... The Gash Barge 9
J A new book about a Naval Wife's memoirs 'tween wars in the Far East now on Kindle. The Book Club 4
soleil Guardian: "Royal Navy Airpower Offers A Far Cheaper Option Overseas Than The RAF" Current Affairs 5
soleil Decision To Bet Future On Carriers Could Be A Gamble Too Far Current Affairs 17
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp The J_D/Brother story so far. Diamond Lil's 15
soleil "Salty Sailors Far From Home Roar Their Disapproval ......." The Fleet 2
Stirling Bone question of the week.......so far. Diamond Lil's 9
BFC_69 Who's new and how far down the application line are you? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 835
digger84 My career so far..... The Quarterdeck 13
NotmeChief Do tv take their pranks too far? Diamond Lil's 1
Polycell Hal Far 1963-64 The Fleet Air Arm 0
D Too Far To Payday :( Finance & Pensions 6
P An extra 14 days, is it two weeks too far? Current Affairs 40
mikh Bean Counting Gone Too Far Current Affairs 31
sgtpepperband A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Diamond Lil's 5
F Birmingham Charity Party with 95% single women so far! Charity 0
B WHAT A WEEK SO FAR The Quarterdeck 9
seafruit how far can you go? The Fleet Air Arm 20
creddly How far is this political correctness going to go? The Gash Barge 19
D What do You do When They Move The Goal Posts to Far?? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 14
beltfedwombat Independence for Cornwall - A step too far? Current Affairs 0
The_Caretaker (Lets tell a Story) SO FAR Diamond Lil's 4
Polycell Ronnies Bar Hal Far History 12
snapdragon Success! So far... The Fleet 7
Skunkmiester World cup so far The Quarterdeck 23
MoD_RSS New virtual cyber school gives teens chance to try out as cyber security agents from home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GTR's Try a Train days help to increase passengers' confidence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Need to fell some trees? Branch out and try Felling Licence Online MoD News 0
Stirlin Don't try this at home. Sports and Adventure Training 3
BillyNoMates Can't find it on E-Bay? Try this. The Internet - Best and Worst 1
MoD_RSS Driving this New Year's Eve? Try a mocktail MoD News 1
T If my partner also joins the RN, will the RN try to keep us on the same base? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
janner Been caught out, try this bloke Diamond Lil's 3
MG Maniac Don't try this at home! Diamond Lil's 2
D Special Forces Try-outs Land Ops 17
P T-Mobile try to pursue sailor for £250-phone bill, but eventually back down The Quarterdeck 30
C What do you think about meditation for military service stress? Would you try it? Health & Fitness 7
Similar threads


















































Top