Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's a hip-happy day!

Waspie

War Hero
Just received my papers for leaving my current job!!! Over the moon.

What with compo, pension blah blah I can smile again.

My two pensions, Pussers and CS pens. I can afford to sit back and enjoy life. That said, a nice little part time job would be nice to get me off my arse once in a while.

I have to survive my shit existence until September but it's in B&W - I am going!!!! :wave::walk::eek:ccasion5::numberone::sunny::love7::cheers:

pie.thatcher

Lantern Swinger
I've been there for a few years now, it's a bloody good life. I work one or two days a week to get me out of the house, mainly with ex servicemen so the crack is good. The sad thing is that we are probably the last generation to have this. Our kids are screwed, years of crap politicians and bankers ripping us of. Need I say any more.

Rumrat

War Hero
Just received my papers for leaving my current job!!! Over the moon.

What with compo, pension blah blah I can smile again.

My two pensions, Pussers and CS pens. I can afford to sit back and enjoy life. That said, a nice little part time job would be nice to get me off my arse once in a while.

I have to survive my shit existence until September but it's in B&W - I am going!!!! :wave::walk::eek:ccasion5::numberone::sunny::cheers:

Nice one oppo.
Is your replacment in England yet?:love7:
PS. Lend us half a sheet I wanna get a couple of wets and a bag of chips.

Waspie

War Hero
The sad thing is that we are probably the last generation to have this. Our kids are screwed, years of crap politicians and bankers ripping us of. Need I say any more.

Totally agree p.t. Sad times for the kids of today.

Rummers, No relief matey. That's what makes it even sweeter! The jobs a goner and there paying me to **** off. As for your bag of chips - ok !!!!:thumbup:

Rumrat

War Hero
Totally agree p.t. Sad times for the kids of today.

Rummers, No relief matey. That's what makes it even sweeter! The jobs a goner and there paying me to **** off. As for your bag of chips - ok !!!!:thumbup:

As you're a "civil" (yeah right ) servant, and your job is being done away with, it must mean you worked in the department for home help or old age homes or something else we sacrificed to help build a city in bongo bongo, or somewhere.When you sell property in UK if you are in receipt of state pension Credits) you get one year without accountability.
As I receive a pension, I am entitled to £7.00 a week Pension credit.
By receiving pension credit, both my wife and myself are entitled to free prescriptions, and I have 5 tablets daily as does she.
Now they are telling me that because of the fact that I have not yet bought a property and have a substantial amount of savings that from the end of march my £7.00 stops.
Either I spent £208 on prepaid cards or all my savings on medicine.
If I had never saved and pissed it all up or just got here it would all be free.
God helps them that helps themselves?
Yeah but England don't.
Still when they finally pay my compensation, I'll watch with a smirk as the health service shudders again and as I seek private treatment will smile at the dying.
I may even pass round the strepsils.

Congratulations. Enjoy your no doubt, well earned retirement.:eek:ccasion5:.( Isnt that what they called the SA80 when it came out at the start.'The civil service rifle'. It wouldnt work, and you couldn't fire it...:dance:)

Sumo

War Hero
Lucky lucky barsteward enjoy I can only dream that day will come I am bored with the work stuff

Sumo

War Hero
You may be hip-happy me not just check on the Gov pension calculator site re retirement age and state pension age, barstewarding Gov my state pension age is 66 and there I was thinking 65, I have to do a whole years more work before I can claim my state pension? :twisted::frown:

Waspie

War Hero
You may be hip-happy me not just check on the Gov pension calculator site re retirement age and state pension age, barstewarding Gov my state pension age is 66 and there I was thinking 65, I have to do a whole years more work before I can claim my state pension? :twisted::frown:

Sore subject in my house. Mrs Waspie has to work 6 years longer due to her birthday falling the wrong side of the line!!!

Rocksteady

Lantern Swinger
Our kids are screwed, years of crap politicians and bankers ripping us of. Need I say any more.
We are entering the end game unless we go back to basics, grow our own veg and fruit, keep a couple of pigs for xmas (sell for booze) keep chickens and build our kid's homes in our spacious backgardens!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP) for plutonium MoD News 0
H Hip dislocation Health & Fitness 6
MoD_RSS News story: Headley Court team leading ground breaking hip pain research MoD News 0
Waspie Hip Hip Hip Hip Hur-ray, The Lockerbie bomber is dead today Current Affairs 11
V Joining RM after hip replacement Health & Fitness 5
K Hip Hip Ra History 9
Ueshiba Dodgy Hip Health & Fitness 9
The_Wonderer Waist to hip ratio Health & Fitness 10
soleil FB: RNRMC - Happy 100th Birthday Harry Melling - Britain's Oldest WW2 Submariner Submariners 2
soleil FB: HMNB Portsmouth - Happy Valentine’s day! ❤️ Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS Happy hour for pubs as government cuts business rates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Time-saving road marking robot makes it a happy new year for drivers MoD News 0
S Potential RFA Officers - I'm happy to share my 2019 experience of interview process, BRNC, etc. RFA 16
vauxhall Happy Armed Forces Day! Finance & Pensions 4
vauxhall Another happy 70 year old Finance & Pensions 0
Sumo Happy Birthday History 1
MoD_RSS News story: Happy Anniversary DASA MoD News 0
vauxhall Another happy veteran Finance & Pensions 3
A Happy Birthday to all Royals..... The Corps 3
Sumo Scottish Ship Builders not happy Current Affairs 1
B What advice would you give to a reservist who isn't happy with his civvy job? Joining the Royal Navy 2
Sumo happy new year Diamond Lil's 28
SONAR-BENDER Happy Pickle Night! History 15
Joint_Force_Harrier HAPPY TRAFALGAR DAY History 15
MoD_RSS News story: Troops wish The Queen a happy 90th birthday MoD News 0
MG Maniac Happy New Year Current Affairs 12
BillyNoMates Happy Official Birthday H.M. the Q. Diamond Lil's 4
Sumo Happy NewYear From Guzz Diamond Lil's 8
M Happy Christmas Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
Ninja_Stoker Happy 350th Corps Birthday The Corps 6
Joint_Force_Harrier Happy Trafalgar Day Current Affairs 8
F Me I'm a happy Skipper Diamond Lil's 46
janner Happy berfday to BNM Diamond Lil's 19
AAF Happy as a pig in shite. Diamond Lil's 0
T Happy April Fools: Government orders a third carrier, HMS Princess Diana Nautical Jokes 0
soleil Waikato Times: "Happy 21st, Here's The Keys To An Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 3
BFRS Happy Christmas from all at BFRS The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
wet_blobby Happy Christmas RumRats Diamond Lil's 13
Ninja_Stoker Happy 349th The Corps 4
MaiBelle Happy thoughts... Diamond Lil's 88
scouse Happy days at Weymouth Diamond Lil's 33
rod-gearing Happy St Andrews Day Diamond Lil's 4
tentoes Happy Birthday! The Corps 8
tentoes Happy Birthday Joe! The Corps 4
scouse Buccaneers. Happy days at Lossie and on the Vic The Fleet Air Arm 4
F106 makes me happy Diamond Lil's 0
wet_blobby Happy new year peeps Diamond Lil's 13
wet_blobby Happy Christmas you fcukers. Diamond Lil's 29
Guns Happy 236th Birthday to the US Navy International 0
soleil Plymouth Herald: "Girlfriend's Cake Makes A Beret Happy Birthday" The Corps 0