Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

it's 01:16hrs in the moring and can't sleep!

jonno_0002

Badgeman
Yea good luck Shiprat! Give it all you've got... and keep going!!! Perhaps bump into you again in a few months (professional training etc.).

Jonno

hi all
I'm going endex as my SSM would say! as a mate remined me:-
It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." by Theodore Roosevelt
I'm not saying the RN is going to be a blood bath! I will know that I have tried and I won't have any what ifs or if only's hanging over my head even if it does or does not work out! as for my partner well we wil have to take it a step at a time!

from ship_rat

Lost_Soul

Lantern Swinger
ship_rat said:
hi all
I'm going endex as my SSM would say! as a mate remined me:-
It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." by Theodore Roosevelt
I'm not saying the RN is going to be a blood bath! I will know that I have tried and I won't have any what ifs or if only's hanging over my head even if it does or does not work out! as for my partner well we wil have to take it a step at a time!

from ship_rat

Good luck Shipper's, Hope it all turns out for the best. :thumright:

catwalk

Badgeman
Good decision, look to the future and enjoy the time you spend in RN.No matter how long you spend in it will be an exeperience.The navy is changing all the time and to be honest noone knows what the future will hold but the great people and the navy sense of humour will always exist in the fleet.Good luck in your new career.

All the best, hope it goes well for you and you find what you are looking for.

Keep in touch, as you will have seen you will get plenty of good advice, most of it conflicting, but equally most of it well meant.

Ship Rat left 09:57 this morning for HMS Rayleigh :whew:

She should arrive there at about 16:30 ready for training :violent1:

She thanks you for all your help over the last few weeks
and will speek to you all in about 6 weeks when she is back on leave. :pc:

thanks
dogfish

hi
I'm back on 4 weeks leave ye-hay! just to say thanx for all your input, yes on the sunday I threw up all over my supporting other half! he just smiled and said you'll be fine, but when I got to the station at plymouth, I wasn't alone, all I can say is I did and definately not regreting it one bit!

thanx to you all
ship_rat

Stripey_G

War Hero
ship_rat said:
hi
I'm back on 4 weeks leave ye-hay! just to say thanx for all your input, yes on the sunday I threw up all over my supporting other half! he just smiled and said you'll be fine, but when I got to the station at plymouth, I wasn't alone, all I can say is I did and definately not regreting it one bit!

thanx to you all
ship_rat

Well bugger off back again and get some real work done!!!! :w00t:

Well done mate...hang in there and enjoy yer leave... :thumright:

Latest Threads