items at raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Katy_123, Jan 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are girls allowed to take down straighteners to raleigh? Thank you

2. No, as Gays are allowed to serve these days, trying to straighten them is against the rules :w00t:

3. If you feel that your down will need straightening I'm sure it would be a good idea. Duck.

4. I wouldn't recommend it.

5. I mean hair straighteners of course

6. Sorry. I thought you meant one of these:
    [​IMG]

I honestly don't see when you'd get time to straighten your hair there, though.

7. Well they say you must be smart at all times, so just in the morning to get your hair back into a tidy bun.

8. Can't see why you shouldn't be able to take them. Things may have changed since my day but private electrical appliances had to be tested by the electrical section before they could be used on board. :thumright:

9. Im sure you are allowed. I think most people take a personal stylist with them actually. After all, straight hair is essential before tackling the muddy assault course. :dwarf:

10. I prefer to take a stiffener, a bottle of Malt usually works for me when I have to visit Military establishments, it helps to dull the pain of dealing with Regimental Policemen and the like.

Have we been here before? Or was that hair gel, grip size and the need for a pre arrival haircut?

11. Grip size?

12. Sentforaslah seems to gone, is Tim the replacement? Hasn`t joined but giving advice, just a thought from an old git.

13. Yah. I'm the replacement. Nice to meet you, to meet you nice.

However, I'm just giving what I think are logical answers from things I've read and what people on here have written.

For the record, I'm going down to the AFCO to get an application form tomorrow.

14. Bag/Holdall mate.

15. Ah, cheers.

16. Oh dear, you`re not Credders reincarnated are you?

17. Who the hell is credders?

18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You are indeed permitted to take hair straighteners if you so wish however all mains portable electrical equipment must be tested/certified safe to use before you are permitted to use them, as mentioned by Slim.

All portable electrical equipment, mainly steam irons, mobile phone chargers etc are tested soon after you arrive at Raleigh.

Doubtless this thread will run for days & plummet to various depths along the way, but there's your answer.

19. I take it that this is from the personal experience of having to get your Nunchuckas tested Ninja :w00t:

20. As electrical equipment is tested, would you say that ghd's would be failed because they have a high voltage and a high temperature?