items at raleigh

slim

War Hero
Katy_123 said:
Are girls allowed to take down straighteners to raleigh? Thank you
No, as Gays are allowed to serve these days, trying to straighten them is against the rules :w00t:

Sorry. I thought you meant one of these:

I honestly don't see when you'd get time to straighten your hair there, though.

slim

War Hero
Katy_123 said:
I mean hair straighteners of course
Can't see why you shouldn't be able to take them. Things may have changed since my day but private electrical appliances had to be tested by the electrical section before they could be used on board. :thumright:

Im sure you are allowed. I think most people take a personal stylist with them actually. After all, straight hair is essential before tackling the muddy assault course. :dwarf:

I prefer to take a stiffener, a bottle of Malt usually works for me when I have to visit Military establishments, it helps to dull the pain of dealing with Regimental Policemen and the like.

Have we been here before? Or was that hair gel, grip size and the need for a pre arrival haircut?

NZ_Bootneck said:
I prefer to take a stiffener, a bottle of Malt usually works for me when I have to visit Military establishments, it helps to dull the pain of dealing with Regimental Policemen and the like.

Have we been here before? Or was that hair gel, grip size and the need for a pre arrival haircut?
Grip size?

Yah. I'm the replacement. Nice to meet you, to meet you nice.

However, I'm just giving what I think are logical answers from things I've read and what people on here have written.

For the record, I'm going down to the AFCO to get an application form tomorrow.

_Tim_ said:
NZ_Bootneck said:

Grip size?
Bag/Holdall mate.

Black2Blue said:
_Tim_ said:
NZ_Bootneck said:

Grip size?
Bag/Holdall mate.
Ah, cheers.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
You are indeed permitted to take hair straighteners if you so wish however all mains portable electrical equipment must be tested/certified safe to use before you are permitted to use them, as mentioned by Slim.

All portable electrical equipment, mainly steam irons, mobile phone chargers etc are tested soon after you arrive at Raleigh.

Doubtless this thread will run for days & plummet to various depths along the way, but there's your answer.

Ninja_Stoker said:
You are indeed permitted to take hair straighteners if you so wish however all mains portable electrical equipment must be tested/certified safe to use before you are permitted to use them, as mentioned by Slim.

All portable electrical equipment, mainly steam irons, mobile phone chargers etc are tested soon after you arrive at Raleigh.

Doubtless this thread will run for days & plummet to various depths along the way, but there's your answer.
I take it that this is from the personal experience of having to get your Nunchuckas tested Ninja :w00t: