Italy posts salary details on web

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by SILVER_FOX, May 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There has been outrage in Italy after the outgoing government published every Italian's declared earnings and tax contributions on the internet.

The tax authority's website was inundated by people curious to know how much their neighbours, celebrities or sports stars were making.

The Italian treasury suspended the website after a formal complaint from the country's privacy watchdog.

The information was put on the site with no warning for nearly 24 hours.

Surprised our own Government didn't do this to us when they were busy losing CD Roms and Laptops with all our information on them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7376608.stm

SF

2. Don't be too sure that this disreputable mal-administration won't do the same, in retaliation for when they get their asses kicked at the 2009 election !!

:|

3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

After they have spent all this time convincing you that you are well off because the national "average" gross wage is only £457 a week (£23.5K a year), I don't think that they really want you to see how your pay compares to the average civilian. They want you to think that you are well off, they certainly don't want you to know that the average private sector workers' pay went up by a little over 4% this month either, far better to make you feel good by only mentioning the "average" national rise last month of about 3%.

The last thing this (or probably any) government want is for real people to have access to raw data before it can be spun, trust me; any national data released into the public domain is either there because it has been "checked" or there by accident.

4. 4% average increase ?

Mine went up by 2.9 over a year ago , and nothing yet in sight :( (a little better than the lower grade Civil serpent payrise of 1.9) but unfortunately the energy average went up by 2 million per cent (well, slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean !!)

But as, it seems, they 'misplace' computer discs and hard drives at an ever increasing rate, all this info is probably in someone's hands already

5. How can they give you a pay increase and keep you waiting to actually receive it? Oh yeah - they're the Government, they can do anything they like including, and especially, incompetence.

SF

6. Sorry :oops: , I meant nothing more (in a further raise) yet in sight - at least nothing like the pollies have voted for, and received, themselves !!

A senior moment where brain is slower than the fingers !! :)

Mind you, my OH is a retired CS, and she was kept waiting for payrises over the last couple of years - regional government CSs doesn't have the pull that central government CSs have, it seems.

7. It's not just the CS where that occurs! But then again, as the government keeps saying and has grown to believe, if you increase pay for public sector workers it risks damaging the economy. Odd that this argument is never wheeled out for pay rises for Ministers and Bankers, etc. :roll: