Italian Recruiting

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by wave_dodger, Feb 24, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  2. They say it's aimed at the younger generation that use the internet- I wonder if this is the start of the English language becoming the one spoken language around the world, rather than every country having it's own dialect?
  3. And so it should be, damned foreigners, speaking gibberish all the time!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

5. Genuine question - Has it really increased footfall through your doors? For RALEIGH and BRNC? Regular and Reserves? Not fishing, really interested.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Purely anecdotal rather than confirmed fact, but my understanding is our contracted call-handling centre were briefed to expect an increase by approximately 100 applicants a week. Word on the street (unconfirmed) is that they've increased by 100 a day.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. That's true Taff but having seen the RN ads nowhere does it mention there being a chance to behead infidels or rape and pillage innocent civilians.
  8. Think you'd be hard pressed to find 72 virgins in the Andrew too!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. From the thread title I thought this was another bright idea to work round the massive shortage of engineers!
  10. Maybe we should try this for our youngsters!!!! Yo bluds come and join the royal navy and sees the world innit bluds.
  11. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

It may be successful but aspects are annoying. Other than scoffing at the public misappropriation of the noun 'engineer', I'm reluctantly chuckling at the ' can fix a Type 45' credit. Fixing 6 Type 45s is a big ask. If you can fix just one, you'll be one blue eyed boy, or girl.

Excuse the diversity fail.