IT Systems

I'm not expecting much of an answer to this, due to security reasons ect. but I thought I'd give it a shot, ask anyway, and see if anyone on here has a little info to bring some light to the situation.

I've recently registered interest as a Comms apprentice on the website, and received an email saying that they're working on the IT Systems and as soon as the they're done then the applications will be emailed out, and I wondering if anyone has any idea of when this would be, or how long I should expect to be waiting for it to pop up in my mail box?

Random

Lantern Swinger
Nothing to do with security its very public domain, the Ministry of Defence is upgrading its computer system from DII (locked down Windows XP) to something called MODNET (Seems to be Windows 7 and Office 365). lots of media commentary out there. first on the google list is this one , its a project thats still being rolled out, hence interruptions to peoples emails as they transition.

From my personal experience, the transition seems to put a couple of weeks uncertainty into whether someone has received or sent an email. If you feel you have not heard anything within a reasonable time frame, call them, the worst is that you will seem keen.

As a depressing point, your (hopefully future) department is the one we all blame for the email not working on the ship :p one of the roles of PO(CIS) is to be the onboard IT superuser/admin.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Technician (Weapon Engineering) Communications Information Systems Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Achieving net zero carbon emissions through a whole systems approach MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Market exploration: robotic and autonomous systems (platooning) MoD News 0
B Maritime BAE Systems Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Trading systems merger raises competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS All systems go for major upgrade that will transform Hull MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Remediation of buildings which have unsafe non-ACM cladding systems: ministerial direction MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl Awards £350 million ASTRID contract to BAE Systems CORDA MoD News 0
T Systems Engineer Officer Training and Beyond RFA 2
F Joining as a Systems Engineer as an ETO on Cruise Ships RFA 4
MoD_RSS Dstl acquires first fleet of autonomous ground vehicle systems MoD News 0
soleil T-23 Ship Systems Controls Simulator Trainer - Vacancy - Gosport - Closing Date 07 Feb 2020 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 1
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: Safe overflight of people by Unmanned Aircraft Systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rail Vehicle Accessibility: Metro systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coalition Autonomous Systems – the future of military logistics MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Phase 4 of a whole systems approach to obesity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Phases 5 and 6 of a whole systems approach to obesity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Phase 1 of a whole systems approach to obesity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Phase 3 of a whole systems approach to obesity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Phase 2 of whole-systems approach to obesity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl and BAE Systems harness SMEs and academia to deliver Defence Analysis Framework MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Data collection on external wall systems: letter to housing associations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Data collection on external wall systems: letter to local authorities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Data collection on external wall systems: technical note MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Developing components for smart energy systems: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Smart, affordable global energy systems: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Creating one of the most exciting health innovation systems in the world MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK & USA test Naval power systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Smart energy systems: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Smart energy systems: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: A lack of results and accountability: monitoring corruption cases in Kosovan prosecutorial and judicial systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Designing new mobility traffic systems: Apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New code of conduct for artificial intelligence (AI) systems used by the NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New UK support to help improve tax systems in developing countries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Matt Hancock: shake-up of GP IT will remove outdated systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Contract award - Sellafield Control Systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Energy systems of the future: local communities to benefit sooner MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Dstl participates in the latest unmanned systems military exercise - Autonomous Warrior 18 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Dstl AI tracks global radar systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Protective Security Management Systems MoD News 0
soleil Portsmouth News: "Type 45 Engine Upgrade Work Could Begin By The End Of The Year, BAE Systems Boss Says" The Fleet 0
soleil Defence Connect: "De-Risking The Type 26 Vessel, Nigel Stewart, SEA 5000 Managing Director, BAE Systems" International 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary announces £539 million investment in new missiles systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: A synthetic environment for autonomous systems MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Live maps for unmanned air systems MoD News 0
BillyNoMates In car Satnav systems. Motoring 20
B Bae Systems Current Affairs 20
T Questions About Systems Engineer Role (Direct Entry) RFA 7
MoD_RSS News story: Surveillance and intelligence systems contracts announced MoD News 0
Simon - Quest Magazine Instructor Opportunities with BAE Systems in Saudi Arabia The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0