It`s gorn away....................

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by higthepig, May 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I`d noticed a thread about some numpty wanting to be a Colour Blind Officer...................where has it gone? been removed? I`m getting old, memory is fine, eyesight i`m not so sure about noiw.
  2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

If I say it was in the submariners forum, does that answer your question. No sense of humour submariners these days.
  3. Oh OK mate thanks, I wonder why no reasons are given, it`s little wonder that people get pissed off on here. Ah well what will be will be.
  4. witsend

I have got the impression that its a case of "its my train set and your not playing by my rules".
  5. I don't think that the OP could have removed an entire thread - his posts, yes, but not the whole thread.

Where did it go? Was it removed by the Mod?
  6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Nutty, did you delete the thread?
  7. janner

Nutty, did you delete the thread?
  8. I have always said that there is no Moderation on this site, but censorship, to remove a whole thread without explanation proves the point, it does not give the recipitent a chance to reply, not even a ` This is shite, to the gash barge`but I suppose that in their own little world, it is to protect us, or is it personal? they will never answer a straight question without placing every word into little boxes and picking it apart piece by piece. But what the fukc do I know.
  9. It's a conspiracy. Mods testing out theories on bites in the RR, analysing results and filtering these in efforts to create an A.I. that will automatically search the forums for sh!te and instantly delete the forum and save the bank account details of the OP by tracing I.P. for a home address and consequent account details..

That, or the thread was printed out for spare bog roll..
  10. witsend

Aye,,, you might have a point.

Quote from Deeps, sticky SM forum, 2006.

Just a quick one lads,This website is being watched by many many people .Can we watch our persec ,that also means no names of people
    or situations that may be or have been involved in court cases. This subject is not to be taken lightly and as many of you know from ''ARRSE''
    can come back and bite you on the ''ARRSE'' .
    We are all submariners here so our humour and wit is usually right in the gutter ,but being submariners we are all extremely professional so lets keep it like that on RUM RATION. I will do my upmost
    to keep this forum on our level but no ''stupidness'' otherwise i will be forced to start locking\editing threads . Serious stuff over , crack on and enjoy, cheers lads

All the boxes were ticked on the deleted thread. A mong turned up and was bitched slapped straight back into his box with a reality check.

My interpretation of Deeps sticky is that the forum should be as close to Diamond Lils as you can get, without the tourettes syndrome that appears in DL's.
  11. But it wasn`t locked, it wasn`t edited, there was no warning, it just disappeared.
  12. witsend

"You will do as I say, not as I do"
  13. janner

Still no explanation from the deleter
  14. witsend

Mistake whilst transferring to the gash bin? Fair enough,,,,anyone on the net can do this!
  15. I'd say that the colour blind tantrurm thrower contacted one of the CO's (Not a MOD as there would be evidence and I can assure you there is none.) directly and requested that the evidence of his wankishness was deleted, along with their account.
    Conspiracy theories aside if you wish to find out more ask one of the COs, if they've got time and can be arshed I'm sure they'll give you a considered response.
  16. What's all this shit about 'persec' our fcukin names are in the phone book and our addresses and phone number.

So what's so secrect about a name that it can't be posted here. Well bollocks - Wiggy Bennett - Pricky Price - Nobby Clark - up yours persec.
  17. Firstly to post someones name, in a dit for example without their knowledge were any numpty could see it could be considered a tad rude. Within our own personal conversations in a virtual situation (ie Face to Face down the pub.) it's fine.
    Secondly for serving personal there are genuine security concerns in the present Global situation, so an overall ban on names in open forum posts makes sense.
    Any drips see a ferkin plumber.
  18. witsend

I look forward to being informed. I could'nt give 2 hits that mong boy had the nonce to contact GCO/BCO and delete his account. Good for him, he took his lashing like a man & will reinvent himself. Its maybe brought to a head that the SM forum is the biggest, boring bunch of manfat that has ever been heard since "check all hatches". Please don't swear!!!!!!!!
  19. Problem has already been referred to one of the COs and the response said that they weren't responsible for the thread vanishing and to check with the appropriate Mod.
  20. witsend

Never,,,,,,,,,,The sad thing is, Hig is right!!!!!!!!