It Pays To Be Nosey!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by sgtpepperband, Jul 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Check out the contents of this barn.

A married couple bought some property in Portugal. The property had
    a lovely farmhouse and a large barn. No one had lived in the house or on the
    property for 15 years.

The new owners, while exploring their property, decided to look in
    the barn, which they had not entered before purchasing the property. The barn
    door was padlocked and welded shut.

The new owners ground off the padlock and the welds, and voila!
    Unbelievable!

http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm

2. pmsl............ every boys dream.......... bet the agent who sold that is kicking himself................. wonder how long before its all sold then...

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Incredible.

Wouldn't it be funny if, after this amazing find, that the owners then discovered that they were all stolen?

4. Amazing - been there decades it appears

5. Actually I'm not really sure the cars will be worth a lot. After fifteen years it will be surprising if any of them will run, even after a good servicing. However if the new owners could restore just a few of them to full working order I expect they'll pay of the cost of the house. Certainly the interiors are in fine condition.

6. A lot of those cars have what appears to be ancient Dutch registrations. Ancient, borne out by generous covering of dust!

7. Sorry but would either an estate agen sell or a person purchase a property and not actually look inside one of the main buildings on the property before purchase.

It could have been filled roof to floor with 25 gal drums of toxic waste.

Have no doubt the cars were in a barn very much doubt the pre-amble about the purchase etc.

Nutty

8. Ninja_Stoker

They look like they're better maintained & more frequently dhobied than my current set of wheels.

9. Interesting collection, but no Morgan or Land Rover! Tut, tut... :wink:

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...and if you squint our eyes, you can see an old Pusser's Dockyard tilley parked in the corner... :wink:

11. Beside the pussers red..

12. Amazing , some size for a barn , :thumright:

13. Ninja_Stoker

Maybe it was an Autobahn.

14. could only happen to someone else - I am the only person I know that can fall into a bucket full of tits an come up sucking my thumb!!

15. Lol good one "NS" , :w00t: