issued kit

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jord2k7, Jul 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im joining Raleigh in the colder months (october) and wondered if i would have to take my own woolies (gloves,hats etc.) also do they issue you with a jacket e.g gortex.... just thought i'd ask so that if they dont i can get organised.
    :thanks: thanks Jord :thanks:
  2. OMG, if there is any justice in this world, Lord take me now.
  3. Wassup Hig?Didnt you get issued with Goretex knicks then?
  4. FFS Gloves and Hats?[​IMG]
  5. That must be shower hats and rubber gloves so you dont get housemaids hands from al the dhobying.LOL
  6. you get issued a jacket. you only get issued gloves for when you go off base as i do not beleive you can wear them on base. any way you should be able to stand the cold, be a man not a mouse for fcuk sake.
  7. who bit your @rse ?? sorry for asking a question "OH WISE 1" :notworthy: :cool:
    p.s helpful replies would b useful
  8. Read yozza 1987, hope this helps.
  9. thanks for that n i ment for wen u leave base i.e dartmoor ... why the fcuk is half of the people on here so miserable!!!!!! :rambo:
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Dear me, we don't want you catching a chill Lofty, good thinking. All those government cutbacks, the Navy's bound to scrub around issuing the winter woollies.

Make sure you tuck your vest into your underpants so's you don't catch the collywobbles and ask your Mum to knit you a balaclava, just in case.

11. You don`t really, really want me to answer that do you? Good luck on your chosen career, try some spelling lessons before you join, bless.
  12. Uniform??? Does that not mean something like "all the same"

From memory you will get issued what you need. If you don't get issued it, you dont wear it whilst in uniform with others and you really wont want more clothing than necessary when you get kit musters.

I seem to remember when you do get shore leave you go out in rig anyway.

Just get used to being cold - wearing a bobble hat under your beret or titfer wont quite look right.
  13. oh i see, yeah when you leave base you get a gortex, water proof trousers, 2 norweigns, your no.4 trousers, a neck warmer and gloves. and i don't know why everybody else is miserable but i am as i've had no sleep for 24 hours thanks to a mess mate who drank 8 cans of redbull
  14. Nice one yozza, nice to see that the guys can still hold their ale eh?
  15. lol, oh they can hold their ale till about the 5th pint then, well you can only guess what happens.
  16. wheeeeeeyy some Peter Kay u are mate!!! :thumright: dont need spelling lessons thanks for your concern tho much appreciated :D.... :nike:
  17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

They're not mate, I assure you they're at least smiling.
  18. there are some helpful n polite ppl on here but i dont see the point in replyin if ya gna start bein a [email protected] :D
  19. very true ninja, i'm actually truthfuly smiling
  20. What?Can someone translate for me,i only read and understand english you see,im sort of a traditionalist there you see.