Issued Kit

Tried the search function. No luck.
So I was wondering after H.M.S Raleigh do you keep the kit issued to you? (Take home with you) Like the Formal/Ceremonial Dress and Daily Working dress? If not do they get given to you during Phrase 2?

In addition to this question whats a rough guide to the kit you actually get issued, like webbing, do you keep that or give it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once it's given to you it's generally yours, with the exception of MTP stuff which is only for loan while you need it (including webbing etc).

You'll leave with something like:
  • No1 (Ceremonial)
  • No3 (Short sleeve white shirt, no tie)
  • Cap for above
  • No4 PCS (Atleast 3 sets of these)
  • Foul weather Jacket
  • DMS Boots, combat boots, trainers and shoes.
  • Loads of socks
  • Beret
  • Daysack and kit bag

Once it's given to you it's generally yours, with the exception of MTP stuff which is only for loan while you need it (including webbing etc).

You'll leave with something like:
  • No1 (Ceremonial)
  • No3 (Short sleeve white shirt, no tie)
  • Cap for above
  • No4 PCS (Atleast 3 sets of these)
  • Foul weather Jacket
  • DMS Boots, combat boots, trainers and shoes.
  • Loads of socks
  • Beret
  • Daysack and kit bag
Ah thank you.
Do you keep the Cap Tally?
I also heard of "Kit Insurance" I take it if you lose the kit you pay for it?

Do you keep the Cap Tally?
Not a clue.

I also heard of "Kit Insurance" I take it if you lose the kit you pay for it?
Yes. For general wear and tear you can ask for an exchange at stores but you need to physically have the kit. People often buy extra kit as well when they're out of Raleigh, usually a spare cap, one for 'daily' use and one for special occasions..

You will be told at Raleigh what to keep, what is yours etc. Otherwise you'll end up with drawers full of lists and nowhere to keep your kit.