Iss RR dying?

the_matelot

War Hero
stirling said:
Agree Nutty, I joined in 67 and in my time never witnessed any bullying.

''Initiation ceremony'' ?? , yes but harmless stuff.....being daubed with blanco and boot polish then buckets of cold water thrown at you whilst saluting and singing the national anthem.
Are you sure about that or was it a case of 'That's not bullying-it's just banter and it was only a laugh'?

Some of those activites you've described would more than likely mean that you would get in the shite nowadays and possibly get done for assault. Some people wouldn't appreciate it. Don't get me wrong, I am far from being a spineless liberal but I am aware of the need for the RN to move with the times-do you honestly think parents will stand by and do nothing if they found out their precious offspring had been covered in engine grease, held down and had their pubes shaved off, covered completley in permanent marker and had their eyebrows shaved off (co-incidentally, I've had the last 2 done to me :D and have witnessed the other incidents occuring when I first joined up ). They'd go to the press and they would have a fcuking field day!

As for AAC

I fear I resemble that particular comment. However I contest your latter assertion. Please elaborate.
Right, so the whole Nozzynozzer thing? Explain that and your trollish behaviour for over 500 posts?.

I emailed those concerned with an apology. As to fresh complaints about me, given that I have toned my sexual references down (except where provoked, as below) please clarify.
Right, so you've emailed a fair few serving matelots who don't post on here because of your constant drivel? I don't think so.

Perhaps if we have a serving or ex-RN gay as a Moderator
Don't be bloody ridiculous. Besides, how do you know none of the current moderators are gay? Anyway, if you feel so strongly about it, why don't you just stay on proud2serve or go trawl through gaydar? I don't see Arrse being dominated by a repetive person who hasn't even worn the uniform, broadcasting his sexuality to all and sundry so why should RR have to put up with it?

Can I request that when I am inadvertently cross a line, one of the gay matelots PMs me about it or pulls me up in a forum?
You've been pulled up for your behaviour on NUMEROUS occasions before yet you still continue to do so.

In view of the criticism and the negative effect I am having on this site, I wish to formally request that my account is deleted and the O2 thief label is attached to my name.

Right off to ROMFT.

Jenny_Dabber said:
slim said:
Beware the Ides of March
Or in this case the Wrath of the Mods (or do they think that they Gods)

The Mods 10 Commandments.
1. Thou shalt have no other Mod than me (and my mates)
2. Thou shall not use the names of the Mods in vein
3. Remember the CA forum and keep it non argumentative
4. Honour the site owners to whom the Mods owe allegiance
5. Thou shalt not disagree with a Mod hence other Mods will band together and smite thee.
6. Do not murder the oxygen thieves as they provide merriment to RR members.
7. Do not commit adultery or communicate with poofs and brown hatters else thy arse may become tainted
8. Do not steal other members dits else castration may occur.
9. Do not lie, unless it makes thy dits more interesting.
10.Do not covet thy neighbors avatar but find thine own preferably with bigger tits.

Here endeth the reading
Hang on, you actually took a minute of your time to not copy and paste the sun? Slim, shut up will you.

As for this whole thing. AAC's ID has been mentioned by people in complaints, AAC has also been friendly advise on numerous occasions to tone his postings down about his sexuality, this was never aired out of respect for him but he has chosen to abort and not to listen.

I can confirm that AAC's ID is now a running joke on a big floating grey thing in Plymouth, we call a naval ship. RR's name is being stuck in the mud for supporting gay rights rather than it's actual and original intent, on the serving, this is not true as such but we all know that the bad is usually remembered than the good.

AAC lied when he joined RR, spouting dits of his naval career, which was as true as Paris Hilton is a virgin.

Now, it's boiling down to this, not just mods but a lot of members/non-members...........basically sick and tired of AAC having to post his sexuality every single day, like it';s something we forget. If onboard a ship, he'd be taken round hte back of the lockers n beaten sh*tless now, for not shutting up.

I am sorry AAC but you are the major reason to why these threads have started and really, the only RR ID mentioned when serving members of the RN tell me and other people, why they avoid this site.
Luckily JD this post is in DLs, possibly the best forum on RR, it's certainly the most popular.
Are you telling me to shut up as a MOD or as a member?
Either case, you can but out. DLs is a free for all.
Free speech is still here, for straights, gays, and god forbid even Mods.
As I said before, if you don't like what you read, dont fckin read it.

As a member, f*ckwit............and as for butting out, no fecking way, you want to make an insult and then throw a fit when it's thrown back at you. I suggest you carry on posting news threads, it's the best thing you can do on this site.

As for this whole thing, were you here from day 1 of it? Do you know the whole story? Are you one of the major members to throw a fit because your posts were culled due to being irrelevant, dull or repeating? Yes only occurs to the last mentioned part.

Free speech is free for all but when a good site is being dragged throught the mud, it's time to roll the sleeves up.

The _ matelot.....the initiation ceremony I refered to WAS harmless and EVERYONE took it for what it was, a big laff. I take your point as a serving bod that in this day and age it would probably be frowned upon.

Times change....what I considered banter is probably too strong for todays yoof.

The matelot

You refer to the 1990's onwards when American habits and terminology had entered the RN, drinking a measure of spirit and catching Dolphins in your teeth, a pit/bunk called a rack, Seaman being told they were no longer wanted or needed on ships. Petty Officers being the first of the new generation of children who were PC trained from the 80's onwards that they only had rights and no responsibilities. Health and Safety started as a full time industry. When telling a OD he was a c**t because he was a c**t became a hanging offence. Navigators who could not navigate out of a dark room unless they have ELECTRICITY.

Do not worry we had the same thing happen in the Police Force. When management in the Military, Government and Industry gave up managing and hid in corners to worry about their pensions, when whistle blowers were hung out to dry by very senior people who did not wish to face the truth in their watch.

That is why I put at the end of my Post "or after I had left"

RR SHOULDN'T and probably WON'T die: there are too many people out there who loved their time in the mob, and are quite prepared to pass on their experience and know-how to the new generation, and to some of us who missed out on some of their experiences - the FES might've been home to some, but the White Sea was to others = long may it continue and flourish !!!

how many times have i moaned at how the threads start off normal but soon turn nasty......and become nothing but bitching and troll like behavour...

Jenny_Dabber said:
As a member, f*ckwit............and as for butting out, no fecking way, you want to make an insult and then throw a fit when it's thrown back at you. I suggest you carry on posting news threads, it's the best thing you can do on this site.

As for this whole thing, were you here from day 1 of it? Do you know the whole story? Are you one of the major members to throw a fit because your posts were culled due to being irrelevant, dull or repeating? Yes only occurs to the last mentioned part.

Free speech is free for all but when a good site is being dragged throught the mud, it's time to roll the sleeves up.
No JD
I'm the member who had a post batted between CA and the quarterdeck like a tennis ball as each MOD was unable to work out in their single brain cell where it belonged.
So fckwit does being a member of the site for a long time give you special privileges?
AAC was outed and has admitted it frequently.
What's your problem with gays? The RN has admitted both Gays and women, neither of which served in my time (officially), time RR members realised that the world is made up of many differing opinions.

slim said:
Jenny_Dabber said:

No JD
I'm the member who had a post batted between CA and the quarterdeck like a tennis ball as each MOD was unable to work out in their single brain cell where it belonged.
So fckwit does being a member of the site for a long time give you special privileges?
AAC was outed and has admitted it frequently.
What's your problem with gays? The RN has admitted both Gays and women, neither of which served in my time (officially), time RR members realised that the world is made up of many differing opinions.
No problems with any sexuality at all, my bessie mate likes to lick the cherry every now and then............

edited to add: Slim, instead of jumping right in, like you always do, please read the start to the whole of this and you may see why a lot of people are miff'd with members like AAC

As for your post, in happened once, there was an apology, so my advice to you GET OVER IT, if you can't, may I suggest you take a long walk off a short cliff xxxx

Having just read the entire contents of is RR dying, more criticism has been levelled at the lack of content than the number of brown hatters. AACs name did not come into the reasons until The Matelot brought him up by insinuation on page 2.

http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=9455/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=15.html

AAC obviously replied, much as JD does when someone rattles her cage. Moderators together once more.
Which is of course the reason I did 10 commandments.

AAC has upset one or two people however I believe that certain moderators have upset and even pissed off a great many more.

So lets get back to why RR is not performing as well as it once die;

1. Poor moderation
2. Regurgitation of the ame old subjects
3. Those who strike with venom if a member disagrees with them

I'm sure that there are more, rum ration will not die, however it is slowly loosing it's place as the top naval forum.

how about those unfairly given O2 tags for being themselves.. whilst others that are out right idiots are just laughed at.. and even taunted in to being more purile.
we all at some time have been slapped by the MODs well thats the job they are suposed to do.. how many MODs have said thay are sick of doing it becuse of the slagging they get when they protect the site....

the matelot and Deeps have both said,,,, """ this is the internet , this is not real.. get a life"""" well for once i agree.... (yes lads dont pass out i agreed with you but this is not a new habit forming ok )

Is this the time to post a picture of Wrens in the First World War???

I could do my dear ... but frankly ... I DON'T GIVE A DAMN !

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

slim said:
Having just read the entire contents of is RR dying, more criticism has been levelled at the lack of content than the number of brown hatters. AACs name did not come into the reasons until The Matelot brought him up by insinuation on page 2.

http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=9455/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=15.html

AAC obviously replied, much as JD does when someone rattles her cage. Moderators together once more.

AAC has upset one or two people however I believe that certain moderators have upset and even pissed off a great many more.

1. Poor moderation

I'm sure that there are more, rum ration will not die, however it is slowly loosing it's place as the top naval forum.
Not just this thread, you ain't the brightest switch huh, read through other threads and get the hint.

As for complaints, you ALWAYS complain, atleast members like Higs and UB have a gen reason to, you just can't get over the fact that ONE thread of yours was moved.

Do you see us MODs moaning at having to handle feckwits like yourself on a daily basis? Nope............therefore, as deeps says THIN OUT (or are we ganging up on you?).

As for moderation, it is not poor at all, infact it is fantabbytostic!

Jenny_Dabber said:
slim said:

1. Poor moderation

Not just this thread, you ain't the brightest switch huh, read through other threads and get the hint.

As for complaints, you ALWAYS complain, atleast members like Higs and UB have a gen reason to, you just can't get over the fact that ONE thread of yours was moved.

Do you see us MODs moaning at having to handle feckwits like yourself on a daily basis? Nope............therefore, as deeps says THIN OUT (or are we ganging up on you?).

As for moderation, it is not poor at all, infact it is fantabbytostic!
Self praise is no recommendation.
Unfortunately there are some MODs who actually believe what you have written.
And the reply from two moderators, "if you don't like it thin out", this was only to be expected from the mutual appreciation society.