Israeli Submarine Deterrent

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Seaweed, May 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article7140282.ece

Israel is (allegedly) maintaining a submarine carrying nuclear-tipped cruise missiles somewhere within reach of anywhere in Iran.

NB this might work for them as their enemies are fairly close to hand; it is NOT a recipe for our deterrent solution which has to be ready to deal with global threats. I put this in in case there are any dimwit Liberals or generals reading this thread.

2. Israel relied on the ever guilty Germans to give them 2 free boats and were allowed to buy a third one which was heavily subsidised by the unwitting European tax-payer.

Krupp-Thyssen modified the tubes to accept Popeye nuclear capable cruise-missiles.

The boats are based out of Med ports and with what has just gone on on the aid-ships don't be surprised if Egypt closes Suez to Israeli transits [preferably with 2 boats rotating south of Suez].

And in England the little Tory baldy guy [William Vague??] is pressing ahead with changes to British Law to protect Israeli war-criminals. A look at major contributors to the Tory coffers will explain why.

C'est la vie.

RM

3. So much for the new clean politics in place of Milliband it would seem that we have another Israeli stooge.

4. I'm just watching the BBC coverage on the Israeli attack on the aid convoy.

It must have been scripted by the Israeli Ministry of Propaganda.

Nobody wants to mention that under the NATO Charter an attack on a NATO member is an attack on NATO.

Turkish ship attacked in International waters and Turkish citizens killed.

Last time I looked Turkey was a NATO member of good standing.

RM

5. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

You make your sympathies plain, Bergen.

6. Yep.... I was in Sinai and saw some of what God's Chosen People got up to there.

RM