Israeli conflict, the killing of two women

slim

War Hero
Once again Israel is in the news for shooting two unarmed women.
Seems that these women were preventing the Israeli army from pursuing armed gunmen into a mosque.
It seems to me that these women by doing this have formed themselves into a militia and must take the consequences. Why is it that the muslim population seem to think that by entering a mosque with weapons they should be protected and infidels should not be allowed to enter?
My view is that once weapons are taken into a mosque its purpose should be automatically changed from a place of worship to a place of war or fortress.
These woman are now considered martyrs I hope that the Israelis make many more of them.
 

Shakey

War Hero
slim said:
My view is that once weapons are taken into a mosque its purpose should be automatically changed from a place of worship to a place of war or fortress.

I could be wrong, but I think a place of worship loses its protected status under the Geneva Conventions if used as a fortification/weapon emplacement etc.

Anyway, have Hamas signed the Geneva Conventions? If not then they are not bound by it or protected by it.
 

sweeney

Lantern Swinger
It didn't save the box heads in the eagle has landed did it? Hide in a church? communal wine? touch your organ sir?
 
Either they are innocent women or an active part of the militia. They cannot expect to play it both ways, when they volunteer martyrs. I think the Israeli's need some practice at the range as there were a lot of shots fired!!!!!!!!!!
 

oldseadog

War Hero
Rincewind said:
in which case its perfectly legit to put C4 all around the building and collapse it.

R
Rince - you must be one of those Gung-Ho hero-types! :wink:

I would most humbly suggest that it be dropped 'accidentally' by a stray 105 from a few miles back! Less chance of being hacked down by the natives! :twisted:

OSD
 

ThePunisher

Lantern Swinger
Big boys(and girls)games, big boys rules.
At least they won't be dropping any more sprogs who grow up to be suicide bombers.
Wonder if they get 72 virgin men?
 
slim said:
Once again Israel is in the news for shooting two unarmed women.
Seems that these women were preventing the Israeli army from pursuing armed gunmen into a mosque.
It seems to me that these women by doing this have formed themselves into a militia and must take the consequences. Why is it that the muslim population seem to think that by entering a mosque with weapons they should be protected and infidels should not be allowed to enter?
My view is that once weapons are taken into a mosque its purpose should be automatically changed from a place of worship to a place of war or fortress.
These woman are now considered martyrs I hope that the Israelis make many more of them.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect is that from the video I saw the women were shot after the crowd had started to fall back, and as a result the two killed were shot in the back. The Israeli government spokesperson seemed quite shocked and implied that it was not part of the ROE to open fire in such circumstances. Equally it was not possible to see the armed men amongst the women the Israeli Army claimed were there, and if they were there one would have thought they would have been shot first.

Peter
 

slim

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
slim said:
Once again Israel is in the news for shooting two unarmed women.
Seems that these women were preventing the Israeli army from pursuing armed gunmen into a mosque.
It seems to me that these women by doing this have formed themselves into a militia and must take the consequences. Why is it that the muslim population seem to think that by entering a mosque with weapons they should be protected and infidels should not be allowed to enter?
My view is that once weapons are taken into a mosque its purpose should be automatically changed from a place of worship to a place of war or fortress.
These woman are now considered martyrs I hope that the Israelis make many more of them.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect is that from the video I saw the women were shot after the crowd had started to fall back, and as a result the two killed were shot in the back. The Israeli government spokesperson seemed quite shocked and implied that it was not part of the ROE to open fire in such circumstances. Equally it was not possible to see the armed men amongst the women the Israeli Army claimed were there, and if they were there one would have thought they would have been shot first.

Peter

So Peter these armed men could not possibly have been disguised as women and hiding their weapons under their clothes?
 
Entirely possible, but not strictly relevant. Unless of course the Israeli soldiers were acting under the part of their ROE that states "Any women wearing voluminous robes with their faces covered should be shot, in the back preferably, just.. you know.. in case."
 
Top