Islamic radicals - do the Aussies have the rights of it?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by superpom, Mar 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This was flagged up to me the other day, thought I would pass it on....

Allegedly attributed to Prime Minister Kevin Rudd of Australia...

Oh for Western World Leaders to have the same balls.... 8O

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

A bit honest and perhaps too radical an approach for your average politician?
  2. Rudd?? Are you sure it wasn't Pauline Hanson?

"We'll fight them on Bondi and in the Shopping Malls the battle ahead promises little but VB and prawns on the barbie, hic!!"
  3. You may well be correct Bootneck as I don't have first hand have added the word 'allegedly' to the post re Rudd... :? Whoever said it...good on them!
  4. Oh for Western World Leaders to have the same balls....
    Sorry to say this, but my current way of thinking is that all MPs should be hung by their balls or tits every time we the british public are sold down the pan or they use their powers to vote them selves a large pay rise or line their own pockets with extra benifits.
    yes the goverment will oppose Muslim radicals, but we will also pay for them in court, then hand over cash a large house and say sorry, Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law should be told that there is only one law in the UK ..British law if you dont like it leave go to a country were you can practice Sharia law, but in saying this i may upset some section on britain the section that thinks we should bend over and be dry shafted by who ever wants to.
    so lets get out the ropes with large hooks in the and start hanging our MPs by their bits.....
  5. Yeah, that'll learn 'em. :roll:
  6. We could do with abit of that over here, thats why when I get a bit older a wanna fcuk off down under, Great country
  7. I think the idea of introducing Sharia law to our legal system has already been fcuked off as a bad idea.
  8. According to Snopes it collects various points together, and consolidates a position that's not entirely representative of the Aussi position.

Essentially it's reporting of personal opinions, not policy.
  9. A search of various short extracts of the first post on Google and Dogpile have not found any of these statements attributable to any senior Oz Pollie on any major accepted news source such as "The Australian, Sydney Morning Herald, ABC. etc.

Not to say that many of them reflect the attitude felt by the resident population in many Western Countries but they are more propaganda than genuine quotes from mainstream Politicians.

10. One might ask if anything attributed to a major politician is anything more than propaganda any more, given the amount of staffing that anything from them goes through before they disgorge it.

Some of the quotes espouse basic liberal principles, although the way that they're consolidated position strengthens them somewhat. Some of them, on the other hand, are pretty statist, but then any discussion of a complex topic is going to contain a mix of liberal and statist positions, as most people themselves hold a complex mix of these positions.

11. When I said propganda I did not mean that it was either bad or wrong propaganda can be good and correct but it will only reflect one side of an argument and is often not supported by confirmed facts.

12. Whilst it's an old story, it reflects much of what I feel about the position of immigrants and assimilation. Having said that, some of the values of immigrant populations diluting the current British approach to life is no bad thing, such as respect for the family and the acceptance by the family that caring for their relatives is their problem before it is the State's.

I believe that traditional British tolerance is disappearing, mainly because of the explosion of the Welfare State and the erroneous impression that immigrant populations come to Britain merely for benefits gained. The work ethic of most immigrants that I have met knocks the average Brit's into a cocked hat.

13. Like mutilating their little girls?

Mutilations,The Times

Or raping their little girls then forcing them to marry some other dirtbag in THE FAMILY

Imam trys to axe daughter
  14. Neither of these is typical of the immigrant population in the UK, so pretending that they are is disingenuous. Give me the average immigrant over the average chav anyday, thanks.
  16. PS this thread is on Islamic radicals,not yer normal type of person who come to this part of the world in search of work a and a better way of life
  17. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Do I detect an agenda 4-8? Does the BNP have an Irish wing?

Europeans (by that I mean white folks) have brutality down to a fine art. Less than seventy years ago it was an industry with economy of scale.

Recently Herr Fritzl comes to mind. We even had our own version rear his ugly head at the same time last year. Which
    was he from?

Chavs (mentioned earlier) are white though increasingly taking on the characteristics if not colour of a race apart. Sean Mercer and his ilk, the frenzied pack beating some poor sap to death. We have threads about such chav crime daily on ARRSE and RR.

Babies and infants being battered to death, allegedly raped.

This trial is extant

What particular section of the immigrant population do you see there? A few Irish names perhaps?

There are violent scum of all races and nationalities. I'm no fan of the rush to a multi-cultural society and being told that it's good for me, but I'm not a huge fan of ranty, ill conceived posts either.
  18. BZ.
  19. You have an awful tendency to conflate 'Islamic radicals' with 'Muslims'.

And the thread was actually about a speech which wasn't for real, which contained lines such as:

If a white Australian had come out with that, given they are the descendants of immigrants who stole the land and Christianised it, it really would be gross hypocrisy.