ISIS wanting to come home.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Just a quick some thing for @levers & Co to consider before branding people as racist just because they have a different viewpoint
If that's aimed at me, I didn't a) Brand him anything,(he said 'call me a racist if you like'. So I did. Childish I know.) and b) brand him a racist because he has a different viewpoint. If you look at the main jist of this thread, you'll find that it's me who has the different viewpoint.

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
If that's aimed at me, I didn't a) Brand him anything,(he said 'call me a racist if you like'. So I did. Childish I know.) and b) brand him a racist because he has a different viewpoint. If you look at the main jist of this thread, you'll find that it's me who has the different viewpoint.

Dude, the only people 'branding people racist' seem to be those who are pitifully defending their ignorance and bigotry. Right the way through this exchange, Slim assumes stuff has been said, when they haven't, and then puts his own words into his fat, bigoted gob. It's like pulling the ******* legs off a spider.

And for what it's worth, before Slim and Co starts, I don't think this girl should be allowed back to the UK. She's an adult now, is not contrite and repenting, and her radicalisation is not the responsibility of the UK or it's citizens. I could stretch to take the baby off her, but with the clause that at no time in the future would there be some or other appeal for her to be reunited on UK soil. Her rights as a British Citizen are questionable, being as she has provided material and moral support to people who would do the UK harm in many ways and she seems to still support the destruction of our country an its society.

But that doesn't move any way toward Slim and his bigoted bullshit.

Levers

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
Soz Slim. Can't quote on the Brexit thread as I said I wouldn't do so any more on my last post which is why I leave emojis thete only. Clearly Levers missed that one..!
Re: Levers & Dappertwat, any idea which two villages are missing their idiots?
You can't comment on Brexit, because you were served your sorry arse on there and are in the same bucket as Slim, marked 'bigot'.

Press the ******* button on that one, eh?

Levers

huwshpis

War Hero
. . .

And for what it's worth, before Slim and Co starts, I don't think this girl should be allowed back to the UK. She's an adult now, is not contrite and repenting, and her radicalisation is not the responsibility of the UK or it's citizens. I could stretch to take the baby off her, but with the clause that at no time in the future would there be some or other appeal for her to be reunited on UK soil. Her rights as a British Citizen are questionable, being as she has provided material and moral support to people who would do the UK harm in many ways and she seems to still support the destruction of our country an its society.

. . .

Levers
@Levers_Aligned, whilst I, like you, would prefer that we don’t let this person back into the UK, International Law doesn’t allow us to keep her out IF she can prove she’s a British Citizen AND has no other citizenship. If she did have alternative citizenship, we might be able to cancel her British citizenship and make it somebody else’s problem.

This woman’s problems at the moment are:
1. to get to a British Consulate
2. prove that she’s British and has no other citizenship
3. if she gets past the first two, prepare for an intensive enquiry when she does arrive back.

This, of course, says nothing about the potentially lengthy legal proceedings likely to take place concerning her child.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
One argument being used is that her "Husband" is Dutch and therefore she could go to the Cloggies, I wouldn't have thought that the type of marriage that this is would be recognised as being legal, if this is the case it's hard to see how she won't make it back to the UK. I suspect that the Journo that found her may be in a position to give her a lift, in return for an exclusive.

Sumo

War Hero
One argument being used is that her "Husband" is Dutch and therefore she could go to the Cloggies, I wouldn't have thought that the type of marriage that this is would be recognised as being legal, if this is the case it's hard to see how she won't make it back to the UK. I suspect that the Journo that found her may be in a position to give her a lift, in return for an exclusive.
It would be good if the jurno, going for the exclusive picks up the legal tag this will have attached to it. @huwshpis would she qualify for legal aid? Making the human rights lawyer a nice earner?

huwshpis

War Hero
The UK (yes - same rule for E&W, Scotland and NI) legal rule about marriages is that they are recognised as valid here if thay are recognised as vald marriages under the law in force in the place where the marriage was performed. That opens a whole new can of worms.

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
@Levers_Aligned, whilst I, like you, would prefer that we don’t let this person back into the UK, International Law doesn’t allow us to keep her out IF she can prove she’s a British Citizen AND has no other citizenship. If she did have alternative citizenship, we might be able to cancel her British citizenship and make it somebody else’s problem.

This woman’s problems at the moment are:
1. to get to a British Consulate
2. prove that she’s British and has no other citizenship
3. if she gets past the first two, prepare for an intensive enquiry when she does arrive back.

This, of course, says nothing about the potentially lengthy legal proceedings likely to take place concerning her child.
Yep - and that is possibly the direction of travel it will take.

However, it is not beyond the realms to set up a legal challenge to whichever principal court this 'You can't make someone stateless' law exists and we adhere by. Even if the principle is sound, the supporting conditions, in her case she has voluntarily left and existed as a consenting adult aligned and supportive to opposition, terrorist forces who have made clear statements to carry out acts against the country of origin and shows no sign of redemption should be adequate grounds to appeal for an amendment to the law on the basis of security and example to others thinking about the same action. The onus is on her to find a country willing to take her then, or remain in the country she exists in, until she can make the case to apply for citizenship, be it in her original country or another country sympathetic to her political alignment.

In my view, she effectively tore up her UK citizenship the day she crossed the Syrian border and joined the brutal murder cult that is ISIS. If anyone wants any reinforcement of the type of people these lot are, The Young News Channel has a recent vignette of them executing literally hundreds and hundreds of innocent individuals presumably the wrong type of Muslims for them. It is grim viewing - machine gunning them into trenches and head shotting them individually into rivers, but certainly girds the loins for those who get all weak wrists about some silly cow who is now in the guano and carrying one of their kids. She isn't obviously fazed by this.

I am.

Levers

huwshpis

War Hero
It would be good if the jurno, going for the exclusive picks up the legal tag this will have attached to it. @huwshpis would she qualify for legal aid? Making the human rights lawyer a nice earner?
Depends. If she’s facing criminal charges, yes, she’ll most likely get legal aid. The position is more complicated in relation to civil cases, although I can think of a few lawyers who’d be willing to act free of charge.

The physical process of getting released from custody ,and then to a British consulate I suspect could be fraught with difficulty. Wouldn't be surprised if some are detained by other third parties for an interview without coffee regarding their previous activities.

Sumo

War Hero
The physical process of getting released from custody ,and then to a British consulate I suspect could be fraught with difficulty. Wouldn't be surprised if some are detained by other third parties for an interview without coffee regarding their previous activities.
She's a British citizen, maybe, depriving her of coffee may be against her human rights?
Maybe she found a way to contact the British press in an hope to pull the media into helping her to get a get out of jail freedom card?

She's a British citizen, maybe, depriving her of coffee may be against her human rights?
Maybe she found a way to contact the British press in an hope to pull the media into helping her to get a get out of jail freedom card?
No. British. Depriving Her of tea would be against Her human rights.;)

To many snowflakes on those ere interwebs......hope it's well insulated, must be awash in bleeding hearts......as they used say back in the day "feed em rice"......