ISIS wanting to come home.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Plenty of stories on the news and in the Press today about the female who ran away to join ISIS - now wants to come home and have her baby safely in the UK. So no link posted as not required.

I for one think she (and all the other traitors) should be allowed to rot in Syria, after being subject to whatever 'law' and 'trial' and 'sentence' the locals decide to impose. She said (on TV) 'yeh, I saw a head in a bucket and it didn't faze me' - lovely.

It is unthinkable that the likes of her and her ilk are even thinking of hoping to get back to the UK, let alone that some have already achieved it. Nothing to do with the UK being a soft touch...........

I truly, really truly, would be very happy to be in the firing party.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
She says she has no regrets about what she's done, so why does she want to come back here then. As my Nan used to say, you made your bed, you lie in it.

huwshpis

War Hero
She may be one of those whose British citizenship cannot be revoked, in which case we'd have to take her back. She would then potentially have to face trial for her actions, and (it may be when, rather than if, convicted) a lengthy term in jail.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I think that she has already admitted to Treason
She was 15 years old. She had been brainwashed, sexually groomed and recruited by a jihadist organisation.
Do we send 15 year olds to prison for being exploited?

slim

War Hero
She was 15 years old. She had been brainwashed, sexually groomed and recruited by a jihadist organisation.
She is now 19 and has been under ISIS control for the last 4 years.
Her mind has been poisoned by them and there is no guarantee that she can be rehabilitated.
If she is allowed back to the UK what would be youtr thoughts if she became a suicide bomber and killed a number of people? Worse still what if one of that number was one of your family?
She has already stated that she has no remorse or regrets about what she has done in the past.
If she is allowed back it will cost the UK taxpayer a fortune to monitor her, money which could be spent elsewhere

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
She is now 19 and has been under ISIS control for the last 4 years.
Her mind has been poisoned by them and there is no guarantee that she can be rehabilitated.
She was brainwashed and then it was reinforced by her 4 years in the 'caliphate' . I suspect that she is more in danger than she is a danger. If she comes home she'll be a target for any right wing nutter out to make a name for himself.
If she is allowed back to the UK what would be youtr thoughts if she became a suicide bomber and killed a number of people? Worse still what if one of that number was one of your family?
That's the risk you take isn't it? Being a member of a modern, tolerant society.
She has already stated that she has no remorse or regrets about what she has done in the past.
Because she has been brainwashed.
If she is allowed back it will cost the UK taxpayer a fortune to monitor her, money which could be spent elsewhere
Elsewhere where? As a UK taxpayer I already spend a fortune monitoring all sorts of people. What do you suggest that we do with all of them? (Tagged criminals for example)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Is there any evidence of brainwashing, apart from the train of thought that she was only 15 therefore not capable of independent thought so obviously brainwashed?

Have her family mentioned any Svengali types she was hanging around with before fleeing?

Is brainwashing just being bandied about as a blanket excuse?

slim

War Hero
I think my views on law & order are fairly well known on this site. I am just to the right of Ghengis Khan.
Justice in this country is far too soft and I believe is the reason that many re-offend.
How many crimes does a criminal have to commit before he/she is encarcerated.
Yep I believe in the Chinese three strikes and you are out type of justice. You get two chances after a third offence then tis a bullet in the head. Final insult is the family have to pay for the bullet.
Reckon if we had that then the little shits committing crimes may go to court twice but I bet they would not go a third time. :)

Last edited:

SaladDodger

Lantern Swinger
She may be one of those whose British citizenship cannot be revoked, in which case we'd have to take her back. She would then potentially have to face trial for her actions, and (it may be when, rather than if, convicted) a lengthy term in jail.
What would be a ballpark figure for a trial at the Old Bailey or Woolwich Crown Court ? I take it legal aid would foot the bill ? The only winners would be the legal profession.
The taxpayer would have to fund Miss Terror suspect for the rest of her life, under the right to family life would the baby father also benefit from us ? Maybe he could also come to the UK ?
I'm not having a pop at you as I don't know you and I enjoy reading your posts on this site.

My simple answer to those who feel sorry for the suspect would to be set up a crowd funding page and cover every single penny of her future life yourselves, and if you think these kids can change remember the Manchester bomber, fished out of the Med by us and showed his gratitude by murdering 23 innocent people.

huwshpis

War Hero
What would be a ballpark figure for a trial at the Old Bailey or Woolwich Crown Court ? I take it legal aid would foot the bill ? The only winners would be the legal profession.

Depends on the length of the trial and whether she pleads guilty. Guilty plea, all over in about 2 days (1 for giving details of the offences and 1 for sentencing), total lawyers' costs (defence and prosecution) £10k - 15k.
Cost of court, including probation officers' time and the judge, £16k. Both these are very rough estimates, but based on published sources now somewhat out of date and adjusted appropriately. A full trial would last 30 - 40 days, so court costs £120k - £160k, to which you would have to add prosecution costs of about £200k (1QC, 1 junior, 1 CPS plus witness expenses) and defence costs (legal aid) of maybe £150k (1 QC, 1 junior, 1 solicitor, plus witness expenses).

The taxpayer would have to fund Miss Terror suspect for the rest of her life, under the right to family life would the baby father also benefit from us ? Maybe he could also come to the UK ?
I'm not having a pop at you as I don't know you and I enjoy reading your posts on this site.

If, and, I grant you, it's a big if, Miss Terror could get a job after she was released (perhaps 10 years down the line if convicted), the taxpayer wouldn't have to fund her. Of course some t**t of a tabloid editor might try to pay big bucks for her "story", but I doubt she'd be allowed access to the money. The right to a family life applies only to an established family life. She wouldn't have one here if she came back and was promptly jailed, nor would the father of her child (if it survives) have any automatic right to enter the UK at any time.

My simple answer to those who feel sorry for the suspect would to be set up a crowd funding page and cover every single penny of her future life yourselves, and if you think these kids can change remember the Manchester bomber, fished out of the Med by us and showed his gratitude by murdering 23 innocent people.
My comments in italics, and I know you're not having a pop at me, @SaladDodger. I enjoy your posts, too.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
There is also the estimated cost of £40000 for each year spent in prison. Plus any childcare costs whilst she serves her time.

Sumo

War Hero
Apparently already lost 2 pregnancies, coming back for safe medical care?

Last edited:

fishhead

War Hero
I would have liked to hear her say how sorry she was for getting herself mixed up with a bunch of violent psychopaths and going to live with them and support them in their aims. Thus far not a word of repentance and if I understood her correctly up until the time that the caliphate imploded she was happy where she was. On that basis I suggest she stays out in that part of the world as it is more likely that somewhere there will provide the lifestyle she has chosen.
I do not buy the "big boys made me do it" excuse some seem ready to provide her as what was going on in Syria and Iraq in 2015 at the time she went out there was common knowledge with almost everyday marked by another outrage caused by the team she chose to support.
If she does end up back in Blighty, as I expect she will, I hope none of the journey is financed out of the public purse.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
No.But in Her case we'll make an exception. And it can be a syrian prison at that.
Actually, yes we do, under 15's are held in Secure Childrens Homes, 15 -18 year olds to Young Offenders Institutions or Secure Training Centres.

Firstly you have to prove "beyond reasonable doubt" that she was exploited. I'm sure our resident barrister, @huwshpis will know a helluva lot more than me on the subject though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS: November 14 Ministerial meeting MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER 'Saved' White House turkey defects to ISIS Miscellaneous 0
drewfester Royal Marine quizzed on going to fight ISIS whilst on leave Current Affairs 2
SONAR-BENDER ISIS Crisis? Diamond Lil's 4
L Discharged TU (I) wanting to rejoin The Quarterdeck 25
K Another 17 year old wanting to join the Navy Joining the Royal Navy 20
M 17yr old wanting to join the RN Joining the Royal Navy 21
C Advice for my dad - wanting to join RFA 1
R 16 Year Old Wanting To Join RN But Parents Are Apprehensive. HELP! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
C Daughter wanting join Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
1 Ex army wanting to join. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
HJTaylor Is joining the RN compatible with wanting to start a family in the future? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
B 17 year old wanting to be a personal logistician Joining the Royal Navy 6
M Wanting to serve on a particular ship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
O Wanting to Join the RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
D ex army wanting to re-join RMR 10
F Wanting to rejoin Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
I People Wanting to know waiting times Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
L A blonde, wanting to earn money.?. Miscellaneous 0
N Wanting to join as an officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
D Ex army wanting to join royal navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 91
lloydie Wanting to do the RNAC? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
T Wanting to Join The Fleet 2
Noel Aged 33 wanting to Join the Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 113
P skimmer wanting to go deep!!! Submariners 8
D wanting a career change (becoming a AET) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Newbie wanting to join Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
H Wanting To Get Into Rugby Sports and Adventure Training 23
S Those wanting to wear the Green Beret The Corps 9
E Info For People Wanting To Do ET(WE) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
H Should Britain be wanting a leading presence in the world Current Affairs 21
creddly Hi, Another 'Wanting to Join post!' from a Navy Ne Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 62
H ROYAL NAVY WANTING TO JOIN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 186
MoD_RSS US exports drive home success for UK golf trolley manufacturer MoD News 0
soleil FB: HMNB Portsmouth: "HMS Ledbury Returns Home From The Gulf" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary speech at the Police Superintendents' Association conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Online services designed for home movers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than half a billion pounds to help people return home from hospital MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Office Minister visits London charity supporting Spanish and Portuguese speakers to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New help on offer for disabled people working from home during the pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest home antibody testing programme for COVID-19 publishes findings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary appoints small boat commander MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The IAGCI invites tenders to evaluate the UK Home Office Country Information Products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary sees first-hand the science supporting UK police MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pride at Home MoD News 0
soleil FB: Royal Naval Benevolent Trust - Go Ahead For RNBT’s Centenary Care Home Project, Admiral Jellicoe House. Charity 2
MoD_RSS Scottish home for Poseidon fleet reaches major milestone MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Do you need to leave your home area to achieve a better life? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary announces details of the Hong Kong BN(O) visa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First virtual citizenship ceremony welcomed by Home Office minister MoD News 0