Is using baby Jesus dolls in Nativity displays blasphemous?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by thingy, Dec 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'll need to ask my Father

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other opinion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I think we should know, before Stephen Green decides to sue parents....

[​IMG]

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: Is using baby Jesus dolls in Nativity displays blasphemo

An interesting one & one pertinent to the "false idol" Teddy Bear scenario of late in Sudan.

It's rather strange that iconography seems to be the mainstay of Christianity in many, but obviously not all related beliefs, despite Queens Regs God (Old Version) stating that one must not worship them.

It's also related to the Muslim community being affronted by cartoon images of their God appearing in the Scandinavian press a while back.

3. Of course, the skin tone of the doll should reflect JC's Middle Eastern Origins...

4. Re: Is using baby Jesus dolls in Nativity displays blasphemo

However given that Muslims are forbidden to have any image of Mo,how do they know its him and not just some eastern dude called Mohammed?

5. Re: Is using baby Jesus dolls in Nativity displays blasphemo

I think the Sudan incident failed to address the needs of the Teddy whilst it is understandable for mUslims to be insukted nobody cared abouth the Teddy Bear being called Mohammed

6. Well considering that the RCC keep a corpse on a stick nailed to the wall I shouldn't think so.

7. Re: Is using baby Jesus dolls in Nativity displays blasphemo

Blasphemy. You will burn in hell Pagan!!!! :bball:

8. Interesting especially as Jesus appears in Muslim teaching as well - funny that if they are both prophets then you can call a caby doll Jesus but you cant call a teddy bear Mohamed. Typical arse about face religious garbage!

9. No ones mentioned Jehovah yet.

10. Re: Is using baby Jesus dolls in Nativity displays blasphemo

And I bet not a single one of them watched it.

11. Re: Is using baby Jesus dolls in Nativity displays blasphemo

It's only blasphemous if the camel is called Mohammed

12. Re: Is using baby Jesus dolls in Nativity displays blasphemo

Well since I don't believe in hell, as such, unless it's the big grey shed on Whale Island...

13. Re: Is using baby Jesus dolls in Nativity displays blasphemo

I thought they only had images of the virgin Mary in RC
    ''gods houses''

:nemo: :nemo:

14. WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLES FRONT OF JUDIAH?

15. Re: Is using baby Jesus dolls in Nativity displays blasphemo

No but now we know where mohammed as been all this time

In a toy cupboard |||

16. Re: Is using baby Jesus dolls in Nativity displays blasphemo

In Catalunya virtually all Christmas cribs, even those in churches and schools, have as one of the statues, the figure of a man having a shit (El cagarito or caganer).
    He wears the traditional red cap, is crouching with his trousers around his ankles, and a cigar in his mouth. Sometimes rather than being in traditional dress he is clearly meant to be a priest, if not the pope himself.
    He is one of the most popular seasonal figures,.
    Given that some of the Spanish priesthood have views slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun and do not find this blasphemous, then anyone who finds lesser things an insult really ought to get out more!
    See this space for a photo as soon as I can. Or, try this link

www.poopreport.com/BMnewswire/god_bless_us.html

17. Splitters!!!!!

18. Re: Is using baby Jesus dolls in Nativity displays blasphemo

Something about giving something back to the earth so things grow if I remember rightly! Nearly bought on at the Xmas market in Barcellona a couple of years ago to slip in the local nativity scene for a laugh!

19. Another interesting difference between Islam and Christianity is the interpretation of the sin of idolatry, Christians have little problem in general with images of 'approved' people being used in worship, whilst Islam forbids the use of any images in worship.

Equally nteresting that yesterday marked another step in the attempts by a Christian group in the UK to use blasphemy laws against the BBC. It would appear though that our judges are a little better at seeing of numpty god botherers than in some other countries though it would seem this show will go on to the HOL so could still go the other way.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7128552.stm

20. Re: Is using baby Jesus dolls in Nativity displays blasphemo

But thats in common with Judaism i.e. they dont have any images either. Considering Judaism and Islam were "born" in much the same area and use the same central characters then one can only assume that the two religions stemed from the same original story.