Is this something to worry about?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by 306dturbo, Sep 10, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So this was never mentioned in my medical but now I've made myself paranoid I'll be discharged at the medical at Raleigh

It's hereditary apparently from my dad's side, it doesn't cause any problems for me and it isn't ecezma, psoriasis, dermatitis or severe acne as is outlined in the unsuitability table.

The picture is a small area on my back, it's the only mark on me other than the mild acne expected on a 20 year old

Do also get tiny waxy spots on my chest but these can be rubbed off, none of it cause me any pain

Attached Files:

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Depends whether it is a condition listed under the medical standards eligibility guidance notes. Either way, if it is listed, it should've been declared on the medical questionnaire so you would not be flapping about it now.

Odds are, if it is not debilitating, it shouldn't be an theory.
  3. To be honest I had forgotten about it, simply as the part in the picture is on my side and unlike the other conditions it isn't painful or irritating lol until last night I hadn't noticed it in a long time

But as it isn't listed maybe I shouldn't worry, perhaps get a proper diagnosis though