Is this rubbish?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Ja5on, Jul 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. More commonly known as King Canute (turning back the tide!!), learn your history, cnut :D
  2. OOOOOh dear, one really needs to bone up just a trifle on ones history doesn't one.

Back to kidergarten till you have done some basic history.
  3. We are not allowed to be taught British history anymore in case it offends the muslims and other minorities. Apparently they are scrapping the history of world war one from education and thinking about world war two aswell it's a disgrace.
  4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

WTF :lol: Stick to Knightrider & the A-team.
  5. I hope your joking about the scrapping of first and second world war history,if true then its more than a disgrace its ferkin unbelievable,
  6. witsend

Are they stopping people from researching a subject before they make a baboon of themselves. :lol:
  7. The A team would of defeated the taliban by now by making a super powered tank out of lawnmowers and superglue
  8. There's a pub on Canvey Island called the King Canute, but it wasn't always called that ........

It was called the Red Cow until one night in January 1953, when a terrible storm caused flooding to swamp the East coast. The floods swept across Canvey, rising higher and higher, until the water reached the Red Cow pub. And stopped. Hence the King Canute from then on.
  9. no joke I heard it somewhere there was talks about it a few months ago it might of been on the news? Also there is now Baa Baa pink sheep to avoid being racist what a load of crap who's ever seen a pink sheep?
  10. Re the inclusion of the First World War in the history syllabus, I'm confident that this hasn't changed and isn't going to. A friend who teaches history at Secondary level is taking her class over to the Ypres Salient later in the year and, whenever I've been at the Menin Gate, there have always been several school parties from the UK in attendance.
  11. It's bullsh!t.

Anyway, some areas of wikipedia are quite good, some aren't. It's up to the reader to work out which are which.
  12. witsend

I've heard about a new history subject, "Old TV shows". Looks into shows such as the A-team, Batman, The fall guy, Charlie's angels etc. All this boring stuff about war will be binned. :roll:
  13. Wot, no Professionals?
  14. Load of Daily Mail toss.

If you're interested find stuff out for yourself.
  15. Who from???

Your sisters boyfriends brothers mates dealer who overheard some geezer in the pub talking about what his mate had said about what his sisters boyfriends........ etc
  16. or airwolf?
  17. ... which then tumbled down a hill and exploded. All occupants would then crawl out, shake and bang their heads a few times, then walk away!
  18. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer which point Boy George cuts into the scene singing Karma cameleon.
  19. Waving his woad painted c0ck around.