Is this really the type of person you want joining the navy

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Re: Is this really the type of person you want joining the n

Phildo said:
So did the interviews at the various AFCOs go like this....?

RN: "Now, that's questions about your family life completed. On to code of conduct and behaviours - what is your stance on drugs?"
GAY KRAY: "I think people are ig'nant about E's and that - they aint dangerous. I took two last night and i didn't even go near a sink tap."
RN: "How true. I can inform you there is a £5000 golden handshake if you were to apply for the submarine branch."

This from the person that has yet to join the RN & wants to know if he can use an electric razor.

We bow to your rational insider knowledge on those we accept, whilst pondering why you are bothering to join if you are discontent with a selection procedure which would allow a person such as yourself to join.

What was it Groucho once said?
18.gif

Phildo

Midshipman

My previous post was facetious in that i presume the subject matter of the argument to be garbage - according to the threadstarter this youth keep the object of his threats updated with his career aspirations (in between thrashing OAPs). He also seems to have been given his date for Raleigh with about a month's notice?!

I was in NO WAY mocking the aptitude of Royal Navy Careers Officers or, heaven forbid, the MOD's competence. I was typing a fictitious conversation which quite clearly would never have happened because the whole thing is a load of bollo***.

Let go of the electric razor thing - by the efforts of certain posters on here, i'd think electric razors would be mandatory for knuckle maintenance.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

Phildo said:
My previous post was facetious in that i presume the subject matter of the argument to be garbage - according to the threadstarter this youth keep the object of his threats updated with his career aspirations (in between thrashing OAPs). He also seems to have been given his date for Raleigh with about a month's notice?!

I was in NO WAY mocking the aptitude of Royal Navy Careers Officers or, heaven forbid, the MOD's competence. I was typing a fictitious conversation which quite clearly would never have happened because the whole thing is a load of bollo***.

Let go of the electric razor thing - by the efforts of certain posters on here, i'd think electric razors would be mandatory for knuckle maintenance

It really helps to try using emoticons (or words) to indicate whether your post is intended to be humourous or otherwise. It saves upsetting the silly grumpy buggers.

phiphi.gif

Phildo

Midshipman

I know what you mean, sorry, it's my mistake - will use the emoticons from here. :thanks:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

Phildo said:
I know what you mean, sorry, it's my mistake - will use the emoticons from here. :thanks:

It's no problem fella, I've brushed the dog-hairs off my Worthers' Original toffee, peeled it off the laptop screen, and put my best teeth back in.

"D'ya hear there. Sense of humour failure now complete. Laughing, giggling & smiling may now take place in all authorised compartments. That is all."
lol.gif

slim

War Hero

Ninja_Stoker said:
Phildo said:

It's no problem fella, I've brushed the dog-hairs off my Worthers' Original toffee, peeled it off the laptop screen, and put my best teeth back in.

"D'ya hear there. Sense of humour failure now complete. Laughing, giggling & smiling may now take place in all authorised compartments. That is all."
lol.gif

Stand fast the duty watch :thumright:

Tas-ape

Lantern Swinger

Oil_Slick said:
rubberduck said:
If i had of known about the threats I bloody would of kicked 10 bells out of him.

Blaclava, gloves and a baseball bat… trust me, it works.

Don't forget the tie-wraps :rambo:

I used to think the RN would sort that kind of thing out, you know, sort of work the kinks out of the young lad. But from what I saw in my last few years in I am sure that won't happen because the badge men would lose their badges istead of being supported from above. Much better to give the little chavster a good kicking before he goes in. IMHO.

Rummed_up

How often have guys like this joined up and either:

Sorted their act out and became good guys to serve with

or

Was discharged

Personally, I don't like what I read about him, but the AFCO people obviously think he can do it.