Is this really the type of person you want joining the navy

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by rubberduck, Mar 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For the past few months my wife has worked as a care assistant in an old peoples home. To her horror and dismay a couple of shifts into her new job she has to work with some shifty 21 year old tw*t. He within minutes of starting to work with my wife he started to abuse the old folk in the home - Draging an old man across the floor to his room by his feet - later throwing sweets at other people when they ring the alarm buzzer. Following morning my wife makes a complaint but nothing is done because she is new to job and it was her say against his. A couple of weeks later more incidents happen - abusing old folk - making threats towards the old folk. Following morning she makes complaints again and again nothing happens. A few weeks later the same thing happens but this time there is a witness aswell as my wife to his crimes towards the old folk in his care. He gets suspended and an investigation starts. He dose not now about the witness so he dosent seem at all bothered and starts gobing off that "he dosent need the job because he's joining the navy". He had been refused a place in the Army and the Raf in the past due to his background with drugs.A little time goes by and the investigation starts, the said 21 year old shifty tw*t phones one of the other care assistants trying to find out if she know's who the witness is unaware to him that its her he lets her now that when he finds out, he will do the same to the witness as what he was going to do to my wife, her car and her family(me and the 3 kids)a few weeks later - he is found not guily because of discrimination against him on the grounds of being gay. this was news to my wife and the other witness. buy now he also remebers that he made threats so without wasting time he informs the local police that i have made threats and i have assaulted him. I get called into the bosses office where the police are waiting, I get the third degree and they let me now that they watching me for any further incidents that involve him. If i had of known about the threats I bloody would of kicked 10 bells out of him. today my wife tells me that the 21 year old shifty tw*T has been accepted into the navy and starts in april 2008. Is this really the type of person you want joining the navy???.

For a name please PM me

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: Is this really the type of person you want joining the n

Welcome to the site.

Clearly you have grave misgivings about this individual which may well be absolutely justified & completely well-founded. From an AFCO perspective it is similarly not uncommon for people to spread malicious allegations against new joiners for a plethora of underlying intentions & for that reason we have to tread very carefully.

It's extremely unusual for an individual supposedly rejected by the other services, particularly with drugs offences, to be accepted by the Navy. (I've never come across it before). Generally such individuals would be sifted out during the Security Check, assuming they have not attempted to join under a false identity (not unknown incidentally).

My advice would be to contact your nearest AFCO (link below) and ask to speak to the Area Recruiting Manager with regard evidence to back up your allegation. Appropriate investigative action will then be assured.

Good luck.

3. Re: Is this really the type of person you want joining the n

will do

Ref his drugs back ground He used to be a user.

4. Re: Is this really the type of person you want joining the n

Blaclava, gloves and a baseball bat… trust me, it works.

5. Re: Is this really the type of person you want joining the n

Rubber duck the answer to your question is this the type of person do we want joining the Royal Navy- why not , if the AFCOs dont spot him he would not survive long,how ever ,i think your thread is probably vindictive,along the same lines as some one under a different name i reckon you are Navy wife,and never be a gossip you wont survive either

6. Re: Is this really the type of person you want joining the n

Oil Slick a few years ago you would have got it spot on but after learning from my mistakes after 18 years in the Army Ive learned that there are other ways, but I do like your style and I do wish we could bring back the good old days

Brendan as for me being a Navy wife and a gossip your well off the mark. Ive posted on the Arrse site for about a year now under the same name and I posted here to warn others of this little sh*t.

7. Look on the bright side, if he does join up then he won't be working near your wife anymore! (But pity those who he will be serving with!)

8. Re: Is this really the type of person you want joining the n

Hard stairs in the NE accommodation blocks at Raleigh, I seem to recall.

9. Re: Is this really the type of person you want joining the n

So he used to smoke a bit of pot when he was 16? And that should stop him from ever making anything of his life?
    We all probably did somethings when we were younger that make us cringe. The main words in that sentance are USED TO.
    As long as it stays like that then i dont see the problem.

10. Re: Is this really the type of person you want joining the n

Sad to say, but in this day an age, so are (I should say were) many new recruits.

11. If he remains an ******** then he will be sorted out by his mess mates. Perhaps he may well improve after being shown the error of his ways once or twice.

12. Re: Is this really the type of person you want joining the n

This is really shocking to me! How dare this 21 year old freemason call in favours from the Health Care Complaints Commission and police like this? Stonewall should be ashamed of themselves!!

So did the interviews at the various AFCOs go like this....?

ARMY: "What's the drug scene in your area like then?"
    GAY KRAY: "Pretty bangin'. I luvs it, i get high all the time..i smoke that good sh1t!"
    ARMY: "This interview is over."

RAF: "Do you or have you ever taken drugs?"
    GAY KRAY: "I've got nuffin on me, honest, i'm gettin sick of all this harassment."
    RAF: "We'll let you know. Take care."

RN: "Now, that's questions about your family life completed. On to code of conduct and behaviours - what is your stance on drugs?"
    GAY KRAY: "I think people are ig'nant about E's and that - they aint dangerous. I took two last night and i didn't even go near a sink tap."
    RN: "How true. I can inform you there is a £5000 golden handshake if you were to apply for the submarine branch."

Thanks for the read rubberduck.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Ninja_Stoker

This from the person that has yet to join the RN & wants to know if he can use an electric razor.

We bow to your rational insider knowledge on those we accept, whilst pondering why you are bothering to join if you are discontent with a selection procedure which would allow a person such as yourself to join.

What was it Groucho once said? [​IMG]

14. Re: Is this really the type of person you want joining the n

My previous post was facetious in that i presume the subject matter of the argument to be garbage - according to the threadstarter this youth keep the object of his threats updated with his career aspirations (in between thrashing OAPs). He also seems to have been given his date for Raleigh with about a month's notice?!

I was in NO WAY mocking the aptitude of Royal Navy Careers Officers or, heaven forbid, the MOD's competence. I was typing a fictitious conversation which quite clearly would never have happened because the whole thing is a load of bollo***.

Let go of the electric razor thing - by the efforts of certain posters on here, i'd think electric razors would be mandatory for knuckle maintenance.

15. Re: Is this really the type of person you want joining the n

[​IMG]

Denman evens favourite to win Cheltenham Gold Cup 2009

16. Ninja_Stoker

It really helps to try using emoticons (or words) to indicate whether your post is intended to be humourous or otherwise. It saves upsetting the silly grumpy buggers.

[​IMG]

17. Re: Is this really the type of person you want joining the n

I know what you mean, sorry, it's my mistake - will use the emoticons from here. :thanks:

18. Ninja_Stoker

It's no problem fella, I've brushed the dog-hairs off my Worthers' Original toffee, peeled it off the laptop screen, and put my best teeth back in.

"D'ya hear there. Sense of humour failure now complete. Laughing, giggling & smiling may now take place in all authorised compartments. That is all." [​IMG]

19. Re: Is this really the type of person you want joining the n

Stand fast the duty watch :thumright:

20. Ninja_Stoker

Betcha a tinnie, it's 2nd Port who are Duty. Again!