Is this really newsworthy?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by wave_dodger, Dec 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

2. If it gets a bit more publicity for the RN contribution to Afghanistan then I say go for it.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Your comment on The News website is slightly more critical, WD. Wassup? Bitter much? :?

I actually do think it's newsworthy, as it demonstrates that Civil Servants are willing and able to serve in a frontline unit alongside their uniformed colleagues. Many members of the public will not realise this, so the story - despite it's alleged inaccuracies - will go someway to inform and educate them about ALL aspects of the roles conducted by the MOD.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If nothing else, it's certainly worth a thread about it to highlight the issue.

With any luck the tabloids will pick it up and an Aussie Radio station will give him a call too.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...not unless he got pregnant in 'Ghanners!! :twisted:
  6. If the Admiral can wear the Dolphins I think the civvy can wear the gong
  7. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

No, why would I be? I just found it an odd article (and I actually know him through work, nice enough person), particularly as one of my CS is about to do the same. I just don't get it.

I didn't make the same comments in my post as I assumed (correctly) that people would read down.
  8. Novelty normally makes the news, hence news worthy
  9. Sumo, since when was serving in Ganners a "novelty"?
  10. October 2001 - where do I collect my prize from?