Is this a true statement?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by One_Eyed_Willy, Jul 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recently, demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting
    the fact that Parliament is finally addressing the issue of illegal

Certain people are angry that the UK might actually want to protect its
    own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once
    here, make it harder - as an illegal immigrant - to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.
    Let us say I break into your house. Then, when you discover me in your
    house, you insist that I leave, but I say, "I've made all the beds and
    washed the dishes and done the laundry and swept the floors. In fact, I
    have done all the things you do not like to do. I am hard working and
    honest. Well, except for when I broke into your house."

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must also
    add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my children, pay for all
    my family's medical and other healthcare needs, and provide many other
    benefits to me and to my family. My husband will do your gardening and
    general odd jobs because he, too, is hard-working and honest. Well,
    except for when we broke into your house.

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends, who
    will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my illegal right to be
    there. It is only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I
    do, and I am just trying to better myself.

I am hard working and honest . . . . . Well, except for the . . . . . um,
    you know . . . . . the breaking-in part.

And what a great deal it is for me! I live in your house, contributing
    only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do
    about it without being accused of selfishness and prejudice against

I want you to learn my language, so you can communicate with me, because
    English is too hard for me to learn. Also, you must change the rules in
    your schools so that my children can wear the clothes I want them to wear,
    rather than the uniform your children have to wear. Your schools must
    also provide special foods to my children and your children must eat these
    foods, too, because I do not want my children eating many of the foods you
    and your children eat. Otherwise, you must build schools that are
    especially for my children, and others like them, where they can wear the
    clothes of my choice, speak the language of my choice, eat the food of my
    choice and be taught the subjects of my choice.
    If you are of a different religion to me, you and your children must also learn all about my
    family's religion, although the schools you build for my children will not
    teach them about the religion of you and your family. As I am living in
    your house, you and your family must stop celebrating your own religious
    festivals but allow me always to celebrate mine.

If I break the rules of your house, I should not be subject to the same
    punishments as your own family because my rules may be different from

You should also allow me to vote - in my own language - because I live in
    your house.

Only in the UK could all this happen.
    Why cannot people see how ridiculous this is?
  2. Spot on shippers,send the scum back to whence they came or better still France!
  3. People CAN see that this is ridiculous,you can, i can, your friends can,their friends can etc.... the issue is not wether people can see it. The issue is getting this government to do something about it and being as the government now does what IT wants, not what the people want it to do is the problem.Sadly whilst the country is content to vote for an extra tenner now rather than long term plans for the future of our children we will lose this battle and eventually our country.
    As long as a small number of people who are very determined to convert us all to the muslim faith are competing against people who really are quite apathetic about the whole issue then we will lose and can hardly be suprised when we do.
  4. to hell with voting it doesn't work!

'votes come out of the muzzle of a gun'
  5. Rubbish. Laws are made by those who show up. If this country could be arsed about it, then they'd go to the polls and put a mark on their piece of paper, even if it wasn't for any candidate. Not voting is seen as endorsing the muppets in power, not that you don't agree. Current turnouts are as low as at the end of WWI, when the voting population was decimated on the fields of the Somme and the like. Shameful. And yet everyone bitches. If you don't like something, then do something about it! The government of today won't be in power forever, and there are still things that can be done at a local level to put the pressure on those in the Houses.
  6. Yes, if this is a lie. :dwarf:
  7. O.E.W has an interesting way of making his point but he makes it well. many of us don't like this situation but you have to agree with OSLO. We all have a vote but not nearly enough of us use it well, if at all. Those who do not have no right to drip about things like this.

8. Yes, we all have a vote, but who do you choose when all the main stream parties have the same policies?

There's always the extremist route, of course.
  9. Quite agree, but I would even go a stage further, if all you do is gripe about it here and in similar places then clearly you don't care that much about it, if you did you would actually get involved in doing something about it, join a political party, get selected to stand for Parliament and then work your way up to being in the cabinet or even leading your party. That is at leadt what Maggie, Tone and Gordon have in common, they cared enough and went out and tried to do something.

To sit around and gripe is being as much part of the problem as the people you gripe about.
  10. I agree with you Streaky, 100%!
  11. Firstly, they don't have the same policies - that is the call of the lethargic who haven't read what or understood what the parties are saying (which might be because the manifestos are unclear, granted). But if someone really doesn't like any of the options, then go in a spoil the paper. At least the figures will show that the electorate doesn't want any of the options on offer, rather than an unconfirmed impression that the non-voters endorse the government of the day. Until we have an option of "none of the above" or "reopen nominations" on the ballots, there is nothing else to do.

In any case, it is only by getting involved that people can shape what a political party says it will do.
  12. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm still waiting for the Tories to come out with some sort of policies, "Call me Dave" seems to be floating around in Never Never Land at the moment, if ever there was a good opportunity for strong leadership and good solid policies its now but He just seems to be drifting. With Labour leading by a good margin in the opinion polls does anyone else see a election shortly?
  14. PQ your right time to be less PC and time to start gathering the masses to stand up and be counted.
    Am not a member of the BNP because I find them too extremist but it is time to take our once proud nation back?
  15. Is there ever a right time for someone to take a stand in what they believe in?
    If we do not try and take back control then there's gonna be so many extremists living in this country that we're going to be in alot of trouble.
    I have no quarm about Muslims, i think everyone has the right to express themselves in their religion or belief, but by doing that affecting other peoples lives in a disruptive and destructive manner cannot be tolerated in a civil society which we have fought so hard to achieve since we we developed a functional brain.
    Muslim Extremists must be removed from our society and every other society, because in the end of the day it's either them or us.
    The Snake versus the Bird, it's a battle for survival if you look at things in the long run.
  16. If only we could take back what is "ours". Dont forget that the media is full of pinko trendy bendy lefty (sorry Finky) clever people who can turn this round in their favour and accuse people like us of being wrong. They are always very critical of the "Daily Mail" type reader.
  17. But so can we by just saying it's our opinion, this is a democracy and we are just using our rights into which Oliver Cromwell fought for.
    And we're not killing anybody by doing so :)
  18. I keep forgetting that we live in a democracy ....
  19. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Here we go again.

'Justice comes out of the barrel of a gun'. Yeah, sure it does. And if some had their ******* way, we'd be treating the Moslems of this country the same way the Dayaks treat them in Indonesia.

Care to have a ******* look? Just make sure you haven't eaten first.

You see, it's all very well getting all 'Little England' about it, and being Billy ******* Britain. Most of us are decendents of Scandanavians, Celts, Europeans and jesus knows what else, and we worship Hebrew scripted deities, eat curries and hark back to when we had so much pink on the map that the sun never set on the British Empire. Sure, we have an immigration problem. Sure, people see this place as a haven for benefits and luxury. All we do in the deal is carp like **** and stay at home on election night, turn a blind eye to political conspiricy (like the cash for honours scandal) and let capricious career parliamentarians get away with blue murder. Could you see them escaping so easily in South America or the Indian sub-continent with what they have done and with the amount of bullshit they feed the nation? No ... as long as the country is fed fat and dumb on easy pickings and Big Brother, they'll get away with it.

Some of you idiots need to consider who we should be fighting against here.

20. I do my bit to get this country out of this mess, WTF do you do?