Is there actually a Rt pass mark

Allright guys so im taking my Rt test soon so plenty of revision is occuring hoping to join as Aet seems a great time with the carriers and new fixed wing flying jobs coming into service and from what ive seen a lack of staff .Just of of interest are there really minimum scores you must meet to be deemed suitable for a role or do the staff look at your test and take into account what they think of you and the current need for that role ,for instance you where a few marks short (im planning on getting %100) but they see your keen and show potential so allow you to carry on the application with that role or is it more cut and dry? Cheers

Allright guys so im taking my Rt test soon so plenty of revision is occuring hoping to join as Aet seems a great time with the carriers and new fixed wing flying jobs coming into service and from what ive seen a lack of staff .Just of of interest are there really minimum scores you must meet to be deemed suitable for a role or do the staff look at your test and take into account what they think of you and the current need for that role ,for instance you where a few marks short (im planning on getting %100) but they see your keen and show potential so allow you to carry on the application with that role or is it more cut and dry? Cheers

Sorry mate you failed the test. Not to worry, we like the look of you, as as we are so desperate we will take anyone with a pulse so you can join.

What would the point of the test be if there wasn't a pass/fail mark. You're planning on getting 100%. Don't be surprised if that plan doesn't come to fruition. There is an academic requirement for all jobs and the RT assesses your ability to cope with the academic content of your professional training.

Your MOD Form 700 paperwork is going to be entertaining :)

Sorry mate you failed the test. Not to worry, we like the look of you, as as we are so desperate we will take anyone with a pulse so you can join.

What would the point of the test be if there wasn't a pass/fail mark. You're planning on getting 100%. Don't be surprised if that plan doesn't come to fruition. There is an academic requirement for all jobs and the RT assesses your ability to cope with the academic content of your professional training.
I understand that .I should of asked do careers offices get a amount of flexibility or is it cut and dry. Back in the day when my dad joined and mates dads joined there sounded like the recruitment staff had flexibility to let people in or not . I may well not get %100 ,but if you dont aim to get them all correct then i would be setting my self up to fail id of thought ?

Last edited:
I understand that .I should of asked do careers offices get a amount of flexibility or is it cut and dry. Back in the day when my dad joined and mates dads joined there sounded like the recruitment staff had flexibility to let people in or not . I may well not get %100 ,but if you dont aim to get them all correct then i would be setting my self up to fail id of thought ?
If you don't get the score required for an AET, they will tell you which roles you can apply for or give you the option to resit your RT but they won't just let you through.

I know that i was just wondering if afcos had discretion over say 1 or two marks or not? I dont mean to make anything of this just a question.
If you don't get the score required for an AET, they will tell you which roles you can apply for or give you the option to resit your RT but they won't just let you through.[/QUO

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
One I remember:-
Captain James Cook circumnavigated the world three times, the first in 1768.
He died on one of those voyages.
Which one?

Saying you know nothing about geography won't help.