Is there a way to join the Royal Navy if I fail the recruitment test.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ed.Ed., Oct 3, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am looking to join the Royal Navy and have failed my recruitment test once all ready. If i fail the 2nd time is there any other way to join up..........
  2. No, and you wont fail if you prepare!
  3. At the risk of me being flamed for being uhelpful, what part of FAIL do you not understand?
  4. Well I am back at collage to get my maths and English up as they are what held me back... See what happens in a year then....
  5. If you google 'rt' there are loads of helpful hints and tips for revision :) if you prepare then i am sure you will be fine, my maths is shocking and i somehow passed.
  6. ok i will have a look. Thanks
  7. You still have to pass the rt to be gently pressured into going for chef :D
  8. Thank you, I do realise that! :)
  9. You do, but OP might have got excited thinking he could get in anyway!
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

For those with a degree in theology or nursing, the recruiting test is not required for the former & there's no pass/fail mark for the recruiting test for the latter.

Rumour has it that the pass/fail element for those academically qualified for Officer entry may soon be abandoned but there's nothing in writing to suggest this will happen.

For everyone else it's two strikes & out.

The test is basically the 11+ but faster.
  11. So to apply as nursing officer would I have to complete the RT?
  12. Does that apply for engineering, if you have a degree?
  13. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

14. Seadog

Does what apply? If you have a degree in theology and or nursing AND an engineering degree and want to join as an engineer officer, will you be excused the RT or have to sit it but not pass? Is that what you are asking?
  15. Ninja_Stoker

It's weird with nurses.

Graduate nurses joining as ratings sit the test but there's no pass/fail mark. Graduate nurses joining as officers must sit the recruiting test for officer.

In my experience, qualified nurses tend to be quite switched-on in any case.
  16. I never new wat an injineer waz but now I are one
  17. Thank you :) is it the standard pass mark?
  18. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, standard pass mark for officers is abour 70% correct in each of the first three sections (Reasoning, Literacy & Numeracy).
  19. Seadog

And so satisfying!
    • Like Like x 1