Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a requirement for pull-ups?

Aaa

Midshipman
I have some time to train but I can't do a whole lot and after I tried for the first time in a while I got inflammation in both my elbows. This could be because I was also doing some heavy curls afterwards but that didn't happen before.

shinson

Lantern Swinger
No, there isn't a min requirement - however if you can do 5 then the PT staff will want 6.

Try doing negatives instead of actual pull ups? I have found these help a hell of a lot with engaging the core and remaining "tight".

ElQuesoGrande

Lantern Swinger
How do you know what the requirements are???? And what PT staff want to see? It's true that negative reps are a good starting point though.

No, there is no pull up requirement whatsoever as far as a test goes for the Royal Navy. Though being able to do them generally means you'll find press ups a doddle, which you do have a minimum requirement for.

shinson

Lantern Swinger
How do you know what the requirements are???? And what PT staff want to see? It's true that negative reps are a good starting point though.

No, there is no pull up requirement whatsoever as far as a test goes for the Royal Navy. Though being able to do them generally means you'll find press ups a doddle, which you do have a minimum requirement for.

When I did basic training in 2001 it was the general attitude of the PTI staff. They wanted the best out of you. If you could do 30 sit-ups they'd want 32. Always look to improve yourself and push yourself.
3 months ago I couldn't do a single pull up, but after speaking with a local crossfit coach I worked on negatives and a few other bits and now I can put 3-5 (depending on how achy I am) together.

Just like the fitness test. My pass time is 11:58. I know for a fact in week 1 if I hit 11:50 when I get re tested in week 5 they will want to see an improvement on that time

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New reporting requirement for obliged entities comes into force MoD News 0
S Eyesight requirement - deck officer RFA 2
themuddyduck 5 Years Residency Requirement? British National that lived abroad Joining the Royal Navy 2
B Royal Marines Residency Requirement Dual National Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A BMI Requirement Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
D Eye sight requirement Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
R Engineer Officer Entry Requirement Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
MG Maniac New French Motoring requirement 1st July 2012 Travel & The Great Outdoors 2
P Change to Bounty Requirement - Pass required at RNFT Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 53
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Production Fitter (Urgent Requirement) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
soleil Urgent Requirement For Engineers To Start As WEOs Jan 2011 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
sgtpepperband Requirement for Naval Personnel to hold an EHIC... The Fleet 11
S Current Navy Pilot requirement The Fleet Air Arm 1
Shakey MTO Branch - FTRS requirement Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 15
A Defence Medical Services manning 1754 below requirement Current Affairs 0
Strangelove Russia and Syria: Putin prepares Tartus pull out Current Affairs 1
N Jack on the Pull !! Blue Jokes 0
Bond509 When are those RN webmasters going to pull their fingers out The Gash Barge 1
soleil Royal Navy - Broadsheet 2009 - Ships/Boats/Aircraft Pull-Out Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
tug1970 Pull The Pig Diamond Lil's 9
soleil "Never too late to pull the plug on Navy's new carriers" The Fleet 0
J Afghanistan Why not just pull out? Diamond Lil's 7
Gundulph Pull Up a Sandbag by Jonathan Smiles Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 5
T Psychopaths pull the most girls..... For the BOYS only... Diamond Lil's 8
T Psychopaths pull the most girls..... For the GIRLS only Diamond Lil's 1
F Capital punishment - would you pull the lever or.... Diamond Lil's 31
sgtpepperband Facebook asked to pull Scrabulous The Internet - Best and Worst 17
wet_blobby chat room...pull Diamond Lil's 20
slim Brewery may pull plug on Strongarm Diamond Lil's 8
D Pull up a pew and spin a dit! The Quarterdeck 48
MoD_RSS HM Land Registry and Ordnance Survey extend support to British start-ups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Talented transport tech start-ups to receive funding boost of over £1 million MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government launches new £40 million Clean Growth Fund to supercharge green start-ups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £40m boost for cutting-edge start-ups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Applications open as Geovation backs next generation of start-ups MoD News 0
I press ups for girls Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS Government investing almost £1 million in transport tech start-ups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK invites Indian healthtech start-ups for TeXchange 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Meet the start-ups set to receive support from Geovation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: 10 health start-ups supported through KQ Labs accelerator MoD News 0
photface Push ups Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K How many beep test push-ups can you do? The Quarterdeck 1
B PRNC push ups Current Affairs 2
S Push ups/sit ups prnc Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
H Sit ups and Press ups at prnc and Raleigh? Health & Fitness 11
H Sit-ups. Are your legs pinned down or not? Health & Fitness 2
T RN Medical and possible hold-ups/preemptive measures Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Sgt Jobsearch UPS Customer Support Engineer - Fareham - £20,000 - £22,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
P Press Ups Bleep Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
C push ups and situps at raliegh and PRNC Health & Fitness 4