Is there a break between basic training and phase 2?

LeTache88

Badgeman
Just as the title says, I'm wondering if there is a break between basic training and phase 2, and how long it is? also do you get that time to yourself?

tommo

War Hero
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It depends on many factors.

You may get time between the two if there is a main leave period or if Phase 2 course doesn't start for a while (if so you will go into Hawke Division as example but you will still work)

Time to yourself? When you're not working or duty you will get some time to yourself. If you're on leave you will get some time to your self. Not sure what you are expecting to be honest.

LeTache88

Badgeman
Cheers tommo, I thought that after basic training you might get a week off or some time off before the 2nd part starts is all, also what is hawke division?

tommo

War Hero
P.s use the search button before making so many threads many questions you have are common and answered many times before

LeTache88

Badgeman
Sorry man, This is my last thread anyway, I think I know the last little bits I was looking for, In future I'll check the forum first, thanks again for the help mate

tommo

War Hero
Not always, most of the time you will go from Phase 1 straight into Phase 2

Hawke Division is a hold over division in Raleigh

Ardent

A friend of mine passed out from Raliegh about 8 weeks ago, but only this monday did she start her mw training.

Or so she says. I have no idea why it was so long, and why i didn't see her during that time, but apparently, 8 weeks.

rikleigh03

Midshipman
in 2002 the stokers out of my division went to sultan the day after the passing out parade with a kit muster on the first day

Guzzler

War Hero
Though it may appear to be confusing you have to bear in mind that it is nigh on impossible to always co-ordinate the end of Phase I training with the start of Phase II - there are so many things to be taken into consideration.

In the case of a small branch like MW this is going to be even more evident as obviously there will be fewer trainees and therefore fewer courses.

R12_CV

Lantern Swinger
tommo said:
Not always, most of the time you will go from Phase 1 straight into Phase 2
Hawke Division is a hold over division in Raleigh
1978 - Hawke 45 Division...
Not one drop-out/back-squad/PVR. Quite proud of our lot there..!
No time off for us after Part 1 training; a week chipping & painting the funnel on the old Bulwark in pompey up until crimbo leave, then straight into Part 2 at Sultan.

Sorry, just had to reminisce :)

instinct

Lantern Swinger
rikleigh03 said:
in 2002 the stokers out of my division went to sultan the day after the passing out parade with a kit muster on the first day
Great fun if someone runs off with your cap after throwing it in the air!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M break between training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
P Break after 10 week at Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 14
MoD_RSS UK aid to break down barriers for female entrepreneurs in Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Burglary taskforce will drive work to combat house break-ins MoD News 0
U HMS Raleigh summer break Joining the Royal Navy 8
Z Hms sultan and august break Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Press release: Britain’s creative industries break the £100 billion barrier MoD News 0
B HMS Raleigh summer break and passing out dates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
iipodgeii Raleigh Easter Break Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
L FHTB AFTER A BREAK UP!! HELP Finance & Pensions 15
S Christmas break/leave Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
MG Maniac Spring Break in Ft Lauderdale Diamond Lil's 13
Naval_Gazer RN Divers break World Record for Sport Relief Charity 8
C HMS Raleigh Easter Break Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
rod-gearing Marriage break up Diamond Lil's 12
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp First up - 'Break a leg, Royal.' The Corps 0
Naval_Gazer Team led by ex-RN officer set to break Transatlantic rowing record Current Affairs 2
The_Caretaker Taking a break from counting his money Miscellaneous 0
A How did you break your arm? Miscellaneous 0
cúnto Break out the lasers Diamond Lil's 21
Ninja_Stoker Swearing an Oath of Allegiance - a break in tradition? History 23
soleil Guardian: "RN ready to break new ground in Challenge Cup" Sports and Adventure Training 2
pinkprincess Taking a break... Blogs 15
B Does Raleigh break up for Easter? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
B Easter break at Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
soleil Navy News: "Barbados Break for HMS Iron Duke" The Fleet 9
werqpr christmass break? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
F Raleigh/Collingwood Xmas Break 2009 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
NotmeChief A picture that should break a million hearts Current Affairs 22
Bergen Pope Refuses To Break Bread With Bush Diamond Lil's 22
HarryBosch RM Nod tries to break into CTC jenny's quarters (Video) The Corps 6
clanky Worst place to break down? Motoring 2
sgtpepperband Michael Jackson Invites The Kids Round For Summer Break... Diamond Lil's 4
higthepig Have a Classical Break Diamond Lil's 7
slim Cameron takes a break with Asian family in Birmingham Diamond Lil's 7
wet_blobby take a break magazine Diamond Lil's 0
slim 999 crew sacked in meal break row The Quarterdeck 9
MoD_RSS Speech by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rushi Sunak, on the future relationship between the UK and Switzerland on financial services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Exchange of letters between Sir Mark Sedwill and the Prime Minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Urging a negotiated two-state solution between Israelis and Palestinians MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Open letters between HM Treasury and Bank of England, June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement on Djibouti talks between Somalia and Somaliland leaders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welcoming cooperation between the UN and regional and sub-regional bodies (EU) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spain travel during coronavirus: commercial flights between Spain and the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement between the UK and France: 10 May 2020 MoD News 0
M Leave between phase 1 and 2 Joining the Royal Navy 17
MoD_RSS Correspondence between PSPRB Chair and Prisons Minister: 2020 England and Wales written evidence and submission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New MoU between the UK and the UAE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Merger between betting firms cleared by the CMA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mergers between window blind companies raises competition concerns MoD News 0