Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Is the RNR(Air Branch) Relevant to the FAA...

jungle_jim said:
fido said:
maryjo said:
OK - time out Ladies - you can put your handbags down now!

Girlies have handbags - bloke have kitbags. I don't know though, times have changed so perhaps you're right!

I knew at some stage you would end up having typing errors yourself but hey, I am not one to point out slips of fingers on the keyboard, or the fact of missing letters. I just post truth and updates, perhaps you might stick to the same without feeling the need to criticise others.

Nah - that am de way we say it to de blokes in Jamaica.

fido said:
jungle_jim said:
fido said:
maryjo said:

Girlies have handbags - bloke have kitbags. I don't know though, times have changed so perhaps you're right!

I knew at some stage you would end up having typing errors yourself but hey, I am not one to point out slips of fingers on the keyboard, or the fact of missing letters. I just post truth and updates, perhaps you might stick to the same without feeling the need to criticise others.

WTF are you on about now?

Fido, as you have now been IDd how come you seem to have a full understanding of how the RNR Air Branch is run. I take it you were knocked back from the RNR many years ago, so this would explain your anti RNR attitude

jungle_jim said:
fido said:
jungle_jim said:
fido said:
maryjo said:

Read back and work it out Brainiac!

fido said:
jungle_jim said:
fido said:
jungle_jim said:
fido said:
maryjo said:

Read back and work it out Brainiac!

Oh, now the real offensive comments are coming out :mrgreen:

jungle_jim said:
Fido, as you have now been IDd how come you seem to have a full understanding of how the RNR Air Branch is run. I take it you were knocked back from the RNR many years ago, so this would explain your anti RNR attitude

Nope - I did a full career (37 years) and was too old on retirement ('92) to sign up for the RNR. I am not anti RNR - just anti the mickey taking of a small number of (mostly officers who banged out early) those using the RNR to pursue their networking activities and their future career prospects. I am a strong supporter of all reserve/cadet organisations, especially the latter who, as far as I can see, are the future of our defence organisation. From my perspective, the government should not be relying upon the goodwill of volunteers and reservists - it should be providing decent pay, conditions of service for those prepared to commit to a full career; officers and ratings - whether it be in the RN, Army or RAF. For the record, my experience of FTRS and RNR personnel is one of absolute admiration - stand fast a number of (again, I regret to say, officers - except one or two) As far as I see it, you're either in or out of the service - the RNR(Air Branch) is not a club to be exploited for personal benefit - regrettably, there are some who seem to disagree.

By the way, it 'aint fair to note that I have been ID'd

Darkershadeofblu said:
Does anyone have an update on which way the RNR Air Branch is going in the likely cuts ahead?

Do you know something we dont darkers?? :lol: if the RNR gets any smaller the swiss navy will be bigger than us. :grin:

fido said:
jungle_jim said:

Nope - I did a full career (37 years) and was too old on retirement ('92) to sign up for the RNR. I am not anti RNR - just anti the mickey taking of a small number of (mostly officers who banged out early) those using the RNR to pursue their networking activities and their future career prospects. I am a strong supporter of all reserve/cadet organisations, especially the latter who, as far as I can see, are the future of our defence organisation. From my perspective, the government should not be relying upon the goodwill of volunteers and reservists - it should be providing decent pay, conditions of service for those prepared to commit to a full career; officers and ratings - whether it be in the RN, Army or RAF. For the record, my experience of FTRS and RNR personnel is one of absolute admiration - stand fast a number of (again, I regret to say, officers - except one or two) As far as I see it, you're either in or out of the service - the RNR(Air Branch) is not a club to be exploited for personal benefit - regrettably, there are some who seem to disagree.

By the way, it 'aint fair to note that I have been ID'd

I think there are more with you than against on these points :smile:

Fido says
As far as I see it, you're either in or out of the service - the RNR(Air Branch) is not a club to be exploited for personal benefit
Not quite modern thinking, where the shift seems to be towards easy transition from full-time regular service to part-time service (aka reserve). Not quite sure, myself, how this will work - but that's the trend.

Regrading being a club, Air Branch management are quite robust, and although some "Orfficers" may try to misuse it as you say (and maybe many did in the past) I'd suggest that those who don't gine some payback today will find themselves moved on. Are you sure you're not mis-reading the actions of those who do give, and then perhaps enjoy the perks that come along as well. What's wrong with that - after all all RNRs are volunteers?

Bisley said:
Darkershadeofblu said:
Does anyone have an update on which way the RNR Air Branch is going in the likely cuts ahead?

Do you know something we dont darkers?? :lol: if the RNR gets any smaller the swiss navy will be bigger than us. :grin:
Time may tell. If individuals aren't able to put the time in for what ever reason they may have to find other pastimes. :wink:

Latest Threads