Is the RNR(Air Branch) Relevant to the FAA...

Pierre_Argh

Lantern Swinger
Is the RNR(Air Branch) Relevant to the FAA today?

If Yes, why... and if No, what changes would you like to see?

(Posted on the FAA Thred rather than the RNR thread hoping for a regular viewpoint... but RNR's please chip in)
 

Navy1

Midshipman
Whether we like it or not we do need the RNR .... but I do wish they would stop pinching some of the best jobs.
 

Dajar

Midshipman
Judging by the current stretch associated with all the Armed Forces, perhaps the time for a general mobilisation of the FAA (RNR) is not that far away.

I realise that some of the RNR have visited sandy climes recently, how long before they get a country ending in 'stan in their passport?
 

fido

MIA
Pierre_Argh said:
Is the RNR(Air Branch) Relevant to the FAA today?

If Yes, why... and if No, what changes would you like to see?

(Posted on the FAA Thred rather than the RNR thread hoping for a regular viewpoint... but RNR's please chip in)

The RNR (Air Branch)? - little more than a sports and social club dedicated to granting non operational medal and promoting each other to ranks that they were unable to reach before PVR from the service.

fido
 

Bisley

War Hero
fido said:
Pierre_Argh said:
Is the RNR(Air Branch) Relevant to the FAA today?

If Yes, why... and if No, what changes would you like to see?

(Posted on the FAA Thred rather than the RNR thread hoping for a regular viewpoint... but RNR's please chip in)

The RNR (Air Branch)? - little more than a sports and social club dedicated to granting non operational medal and promoting each other to ranks that they were unable to reach before PVR from the service.

fido


oohhh Fido, put your toy's back in your pram. Most Air Branch don't want any more medals(cant fit them in from all the regular service they did!!) and most of us completed 22 years not PVR'ing. Stand fast officer Corps. With regards to promotion dont lump us poor ratings in that category as we aren't allowed to be prommoted. The officer corps though is a different matter. Something to do with time served or reserved rights. Very Strange.
 

fido

MIA
Didn't mean to offend you Bisley - it is, though, the RNR officers with whom I take exception. Can't hack it in the RN - PVR and join the RNR!

fido
 

Bisley

War Hero
fido said:
Didn't mean to offend you Bisley - it is, though, the RNR officers with whom I take exception. Can't hack it in the RN - PVR and join the RNR!

fido

Fido - with this we are in complete agreement. We have certain officers did a few years in RN now got a full stripe or more in being in the RNR. Does seem a bit top heavy.
 

fido

MIA
Bisley said:
fido said:
Didn't mean to offend you Bisley - it is, though, the RNR officers with whom I take exception. Can't hack it in the RN - PVR and join the RNR!

fido

Fido - with this we are in complete agreement. We have certain officers did a few years in RN now got a full stripe or more in being in the RNR. Does seem a bit top heavy.

Bisley - witness the current Head of the Branch. And, come to that, the last!

Regards,

fido
 

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top