Is the RN psychometric test transferable to the RFA?

Simply:

I passed the psychometric test and got recommended to take up Marine Engineering.

But, have failed the subsequent eye test and I understand the RFA have a different medical procedure.

So, can I transfer my application to the RFA as an engineer apprentice without resitting the test?

Random

Lantern Swinger
Well you can apply for the RFA, and as the RFA recruitment team sits with the RN team, I would be surprised if they cannot access your test results. Like the medical, we find different things important than the RN when looking for recruits.

The best way of satisfying your question is to speak to your careers office, or get the RFA recruitment team's contact details off them and speak to them direct.

Simply:

I passed the psychometric test and got recommended to take up Marine Engineering.

But, have failed the subsequent eye test and I understand the RFA have a different medical procedure.

So, can I transfer my application to the RFA as an engineer apprentice without resitting the test?
Yes! That's what's happened with mine, they just skipped this section of the application process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! That's what's happened with mine, they just skipped this section of the application process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is reassuring. When did they inform you on transferring your application? Did you do it over the phone when told that you cannot proceed with the Navy application? I haven't got a confirmation yet of a outright fail but I know I did not meet the criteria and my eye sight was below standard VA3, however, I have been considering transferring now rather than waiting.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Would the RN marine engineering score be the same/similar to RFA engineering apprentice? I had a score that aloud me to take up Communications or Marine Engineering in the RN.
Quite possibly. When you apply via the RN website to join the RFA, they check eligibility and only hand-off your application to an AFCO if a resit is required, otherwise eligible RFA applicants will go to sift for interview.

Quite possibly. When you apply via the RN website to join the RFA, they check eligibility and only hand-off your application to an AFCO if a resit is required, otherwise eligible RFA applicants will go to sift for interview.
So, I'd have to apply through the website again or can I go into my AFCO and just inquire directly since they are already familiar with me there?

Also, would I need to redo the eye test? It'd be rather unusual if I did since they would've already had my latest grading from Boots.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
So, I'd have to apply through the website again or can I go into my AFCO and just inquire directly since they are already familiar with me there?

Also, would I need to redo the eye test? It'd be rather unusual if I did since they would've already had my latest grading from Boots.
You simply log in to the Application Zone on the RN website, where you have already created an account & select your new role, completing the odd few additional details:

If you need to resit the recruit test, your AFCO will contact you and email an invitation to attend for re-test. If you do not need to resit, RFA Recruitment will assess your application and if suitable, will contact you to undergo the next stage of selection, probably in Portsmouth.

The eyetest bit is part of your RFA medical and you will be advised what needs doing by RFA Recruitment.

The only common bit of selection conducted at an AFCO for RFA is the recruit test, if required.

You simply log in to the Application Zone on the RN website, where you have already created an account & select your new role, completing the odd few additional details:

If you need to resit the recruit test, your AFCO will contact you and email an invitation to attend for re-test. If you do not need to resit, RFA Recruitment will assess your application and if suitable, will contact you to undergo the next stage of selection, probably in Portsmouth.

The eyetest bit is part of your RFA medical and you will be advised what needs doing by RFA Recruitment.

The only common bit of selection conducted at an AFCO for RFA is the recruit test, if required.
I can't seem to log in or find the location to log in. All I seem to be doing is logging into the Forums section.