Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the number one uniform also being replaced?

AyeCaptain

Midshipman
The new uniforms, there was a picture on the Navy site of HMS Lancaster leaving, and they were all wearing those boiler suits with the white cap...

Have they replaced the number one's too or is that just a one off because they're the first ship with that new uniform?

I head to Raleigh in less than a month, are our number ones (on pass out) going to look like those? They look so shitee*

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Boiler suits!!! How very cloth cap, Ovies are worn in the RN dontcha know (and the new working rig is 2 piece, not 1).

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It's an intersting one.

Unless a rating is wearing square rig, most civilians are hard pressed recognising a matelot. Even if they have a label proclaiming "Royal Navy". I went to a careers convention in a local school last week wearing Number Ones as there were two Royals accompanying me, wearing Blues.

One of the senior teaching staff, whom I know, said "Ooh, didn't recognise you in your costume"

"Costume?" I screamed inwardly. Then, thinking about it, putting "tradition" nonsense aside, it really isn't a particularly practical outfit (whatever the rank), and it IS rather expensive. I'd rather pusser paid for passports (like the Army & RAF do, even if it is not operationally required).

Just think, if we did away with "parade uniforms" we could save thousands of wasted hours mincing around on the parade ground, people with visible tattoos could join and besides saving £Millions we could have a bit more space in our lockers to keep our disco duds.

Doubtless some would disagree.;)

AyeCaptain

Midshipman
One of the senior teaching staff, whom I know, said "Ooh, didn't recognise you in your costume"

"Costume?" I screamed inwardly. Then, thinking about it, putting "tradition" nonsense aside, it really isn't a particularly practical outfit (whatever the rank), and it IS rather expensive. I'd rather pusser paid for passports (like the Army & RAF do, even if it is not operationally required).

I get it, "she" didn't "recognise" you in your costume ;) I think there is more to this than meets the eye, you know the tale of how women feel with a man in uniform! Are you sure you weren't doing a sexy walk through the assembly hall whilst holding direct, ninja like eye contact with her? Haha

But thanks for the replies everyone, I did hear about the uniform being two piece for hotter weather, the uniform changes for everyone I believe in April which is when I join. We'll see how it all is in person!

Thanks again lads

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I get it, "she" didn't "recognise" you in your costume ;) I think there is more to this than meets the eye, you know the tale of how women feel with a man in uniform! Are you sure you weren't doing a sexy walk through the assembly hall whilst holding direct, ninja like eye contact with her? Haha

But thanks for the replies everyone, I did hear about the uniform being two piece for hotter weather, the uniform changes for everyone I believe in April which is when I join. We'll see how it all is in person!

Thanks again lads
It was a "he".

AyeCaptain

Midshipman
It was a "he".

Oh damn, well, did you give the eye then and look all buff and ninja like then? hahahaha.. my friend keeps going on about me joining the Navy with the "ship full of men" thing. He's joining the RAF, so I nicknamed that the Royal An** ******ng service. Do you have any ideas of any other good come backs for him?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The good news is that your mate's career choice will provide you with a lifetime of entertainment. The joy is letting him find out.:)

slim

War Hero
Oh damn, well, did you give the eye then and look all buff and ninja like then? hahahaha.. my friend keeps going on about me joining the Navy with the "ship full of men" thing. He's joining the RAF, so I nicknamed that the Royal An** ******ng service. Do you have any ideas of any other good come backs for him?

I think that you need remind your crabfat oppo that these days they have women at sea.
Well I am led to believe they are females:)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
When he turns up in his crab uniform just call him a Powder Blue Pooftah, they love it when you call them that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Photos... Service number doesn't match uniform! History 7
M what does the x mean in service number Nearest & Dearest 17
B how to find service number royal navy Site Issues 7
MoD_RSS Forensic Science Regulator newsletter: number 30 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fraudulent calls from GLD's number MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Applicants to nursing courses in England up 16% as NHS employs record number of nurses and midwives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Public asked to leave a name and number with venues to help stop the spread of COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Green number plates get the green light for a zero-emission future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government publishes latest R number MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Biggest number of new Universal Credit claims paid in a single day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Forensic Science Regulator newsletter: number 34 MoD News 0
G Mobile number changed while on leave UPO 4
soleil Telegraph: "Royal Navy To Halve Number Of Staff At Headquarters, As Sailors Are Redeployed To Front Line Roles" Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS Response to the Department for Transport consultation on green number plates for ultra low emission vehicles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Can you give me 50 Cent’s phone number? 2019’s most unusual requests from Brits abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Forensic Science Regulator newsletter: number 33 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Beware of fraudulent calls from GLD's number MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Z3R0 EM15510N future: government to introduce green number plates MoD News 0
Skylarker Service number Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS Number of new homes built soars to an 11 year high MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New analysis shows one third fall in number of vulnerable people sleeping rough linked to government initiative MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Record number of women in work as wages continue to outstrip inflation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Record number of disabled people benefitting from workplace funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Forensic Science Regulator newsletter: number 32 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Record number of schoolgirls make digital waves but women still under-represented in the cyber security sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Number of older opiate users in treatment has tripled MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Rory Stewart statement on number of Ebola cases in the Democratic Republic of the Congo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Home Office to scrap 101 non-emergency number charges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Number of servicewomen on UN Peacekeeping operations to increase MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The Animal and Plant Health Agency will be exhibiting at a number of shows this year. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Porsche is the number one prestige car brand clamped last year by DVLA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Landmark review sparks action to boost number of female entrepreneurs MoD News 0
T Finding Service Number for Letter Nearest & Dearest 6
TracieB Service Number Quandry The Fleet Air Arm 20
MoD_RSS Press release: New statistics show number of new homes continues to rise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Ambitious Manchester can grow its number of dynamic and vibrant businesses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: James Brokenshire welcomes rise in number of new homes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Number of children in long-term workless households at lowest level in over a decade MoD News 0
S deciphering my fathers service record with no service number? Nearest & Dearest 10
MoD_RSS News story: Record number of events will hail UK Armed Forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British military chief welcomes largest number of female Afghan officer graduates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Quantum random number generator microchip for secure communications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Britain helps train record number of Afghan Army officers MoD News 0
C Contact number for capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
L Find details of relative service number FX749013 The Fleet Air Arm 4
Simon - Quest Magazine Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) have a number of vacancies live on Questonline. The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Naval_Gazer Number of views for threads not incrementing Site Issues 5
C An old Official number (?) History 4
exJenny Number Plates (While you wait) Guzz Motoring 15
soleil Daily Telegraph: "Royal Navy 'Focused' On Increasing Number Of Reserves" (+Video) Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 8