Is Sherry acceptable?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by WhizzbangDai, Dec 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't like Rum, ever since a bad encounter with half a pint of the stuff, and a two pence coin last year. Port and Sherry are ok though (as well as beer etc etc) is this acceptable or is liking Rum a must for those joining the RN?

2. Think yourself lucky its Rum mate.
    If I'm in the same room as an open bottle of Port, that's me dry motoring!
    Love Red Wine, can't abide Port.
    Bleh!

3. Pint of Guiness with Port in it mmmmmmmmmmmmm

4. Two of my least favourite drinks!
    [​IMG]

5. Or just a tin of Red Death or CSB will do me lol

6. Now you're talking!

Sign of the times I suppose, but we are currently in DP and getting our mess refurbished.
    We are getting a WINE COOLER!!
    :D

7. Why would you have to drink Rum? It has not been issued as a daily ration since the 31st July 1970. Were you born then?

8. Drinking Cherie......? :eek:mfg:

9. It's clearly a case of Chacun a son Gout--So have some Madeira M'Dear

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Specialseadutyman: If you don't like rum then you are obviously not in or have ever served in the Navy - mind you, you were present at the Christmas Pudding stirring ceremony at HMS Drake when the Commodore poured in the "neat rum", as published in the "Plymouth Herald" and "The Sailor" newspapers, weren't you, you rascal..?! :shock: :yawn:

11. 'fraid Iwas. It was the Evening Herald then and they did sell milk and pigs trotters outside the two dockyard gates and the sailors wore tiddly suits and the Chief Jack Dusty in the Barracks adulterated the rum the Commodore stirred into the Christmas pudding and it was before the silver theepenny bits therein were deemed harmful and had to be wrapped. Shock Yawn --Ouch!

12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yep. Thought so... :roll: :knob:

13. Southern Comfort and Pernod mixed,puts hairs on your chest.

Also the entire contents of your stomach on the pavement several hours later!

14. Wrongly!

15. Late one night, at anchor off Izmir. Everything else had been consumed.

Malibu and Irn Bru. A drink for winners.