IS Officer with the Green Death

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dublinclontarf, Sep 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning all, have been looking at IS Officer (thank god some of the officers upper age limits have been increased), and I noticed that they can go on to serve with the Royal's.

I'm assuming it would be more a supporting role are there front line operations an IS officer might do with the Royal's?

2. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

E(IS) can/do/have served with RM. As to a more operational supporting role, thats a piece of string type question.

The E(TM) are the Corps Tutor, work in the Combat Camerman (team) Role, do QA/TD type activities, work at Cdo units doing Education Officer roles - so they have a variety of jobs, but when deployed their 'operational' utility is limited. Some have acted as Assistant Ops Officer or Assistant Int Officer in the past.

For E(IS) there isn't a "grab your weapon" we're off doing "this" type scenario. E(IS) have/and are engaged in operational support in sandy locations, some getting close to the fighting for very good reason. It has been asked whether E(IS) can serve with CSG, or in the G6 posts within Brigade but Royal isn't too keen as he has RM Officers for those roles which are career posts.

That isn't to say that you couldn't see E(IS) serve with Defence Humit Teams, SRR or volunteer for other posts on Op Tours. All would depend on the appointer releasing he/she.

So, yes and no. Feel free to PM.

3. Fecker!

I pounced into this thread thinking it was about my favourite author of such excellent reads such as ''amongst the marines''

I did my 5's and 20's obviously cos he's a ninja doncha know.