is joining the TA or RMR considered a joke?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by GunZaBlazin, Aug 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I may do this instead of joining up as a regular you see. I'd probably miss my girlfriend during training too much if i joined as a full time soldier so looking for a way to still be with my mrs and get involved with soldiering stuff. I would prefer the RMR but my local TA centre that is ten minute drive from me is the Mercian regiment.

Are TA lads considered to be a joke amongst regulars tho?

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Welcome back, Nailzzz... :roll: :yawn:

3. Why should they be a joke? After all many are serving in the same places as the regular forces these days.

4. I dunno. just heard a few jokes and don't seem to gain the same respect. also on Mark of Cain the TA soldier gets bullied.

5. sgtpepperband

GunZaNailing: I'd have thought with all your SF training, you'd know all about 'respect'... anyway, how about you play the "how long can you hold your breath for?" game? :shock:

6. Whatever mate. I don't have a f'ucking clue what you're on about. But you seem to have a problem with me so this is the last time i'm speaking to you.

7. sgtpepperband

Yeehaa! Thanks, Nailzzz... :thumbleft:

8. Depends on how far Bill sticks it in 8O 8O :lol:

9. lol

this thread is win

10. Hi G Z B,

A B S O L U T E L Y - N O T.

Repeat - No Squire: But asking such a dumb question here IS a Joke.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

11. agree with above look how many reservists skippered pussers ships in ww2. so no they are absolutly not a joke :D

12. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

FCUK OFF NAILZ

[​IMG]

13. As above

14. Ok well I think i am going to go down to my local TA centre next Tuesday. Mercian regiment. I'd like to join the RMR but the nearest centre to me is about 40 miles away.

15. I'm not sure whether they are regarded as a joke or not. Fat, lazy, manking, part-time, ops dodging, Queen's shilling stealing, gong hunting, Walty fcuks they may be. But certainly not a joke. :wink:

16. Oooh, I forgot to add that:

Self-harming, injury-prone, weak-minded, CFT failing, manic-depressive, attention seeking........................

17. For Mon..g.. .a P..iss. (Whoops: Did some letters get left out there perhaps?) :wink:

:idea: When you pause from running off at your mouth perhaps you can find a moment of your time to have a look at the Soleil link, :arrow: posted earlier in the thread?

:?: BTW, with your apparent low opinion of these part-time peeps, could one presume that they are off your Christmas Card List and excluded from your worthy 'Holidays' scheme, too?

Just curious. :roll:

Bob