Is it true?

grefs

Lantern Swinger
Always_a_Civvy said:
Nutty said:
I recently visited a Daphene (French design) Spanish Navy boat on display in Torriveija. The D/e boat was built in 1971 a bit smaller than a P and O boat. It had 10 internal tubes, 8 fwd and 2 in stern plus two under aft casing. No reloads were carried. The for-ends was the J.R's mess with bunks four high port and starboard. The after ends was the S/R's mess. They operated three watches and bunks for only 2 thirds of the crew were provided.

Further enquirers with the guide and a Tiff of my acquaint who visited many European navy boats indicate that two thirds bunks was the norm over the Channel and North Sea.

Nutty

The boat is well worth a visit if you are in this area.

And here is the actual vessel... the future of our boats perhaps: micro-boats for micro-matelots?

p1.jpg

Is that you with the "Gold Braid", aac? :grin: :lol:

grefs said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
Nutty said:
I recently visited a Daphene (French design) Spanish Navy boat on display in Torriveija. The D/e boat was built in 1971 a bit smaller than a P and O boat. It had 10 internal tubes, 8 fwd and 2 in stern plus two under aft casing. No reloads were carried. The for-ends was the J.R's mess with bunks four high port and starboard. The after ends was the S/R's mess. They operated three watches and bunks for only 2 thirds of the crew were provided.

Further enquirers with the guide and a Tiff of my acquaint who visited many European navy boats indicate that two thirds bunks was the norm over the Channel and North Sea.

Nutty

The boat is well worth a visit if you are in this area.

And here is the actual vessel... the future of our boats perhaps: micro-boats for micro-matelots?

p1.jpg

Is that you with the "Gold Braid", aac? :grin: :lol:

Feck sake AAC now you have blown my cover and they will all know I am not a ex British RN L/S RP2 Submariner but a Admiral in the Royal Spanish Navy. OK Lads I confess I am a Walt and I have never been in the RN.

My Inglas ain't bad is it.

Nutty

sgtpepperband said:
Alright Sam D'Costa - I wondered where you'd been hiding! :lol:

OK SPB I will confess all, thats Sam in the middle wiv der and bag, the one wiv der blue stripey tie is Seadog cos that all the good conduct badges he has got over the years. Just look how long that tie is it hangs out the bottom of his jacket how many years has he served. The one wiv der silly grin is Senor Higgy De Pig and im on der end is Senor Anyman a well know Green Peace activist, you can tell by his tie.

Nutty