Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Naughty_Bear, Jan 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok today i literally did get a phone call full of fail. I cant join the British Army because i have a condition with my heart which i did not know untill recently last year (just 3 before Christmas) which came as a shock to me and my family. I have never been so disappointed in myself, i have stopped all my working out because i keep thinking about my condition and i feel so useless these days.

Ok i have been rejected and soon would be getting a letter from the Army to make sure i am miserable, so now i know i cant join the British Army and this is where the Royal Navy comes in. I would like to know will i be able to join the Navy? I am not sure how long i have to wait before i can sign-up again which could take maybe 5 months, 12 months or maybe permantly but thats for the British Army right?

Since the Navy is mostly sea-based is there a chance i can join the Navy?

2. Probably not. What did they say the condition was?

3. Sorry to piss on your BBQ mate but the medical standards for entry to all three Forces are the same.

4. Apart from you actually need half a brain for the navy! :p :lol:

5. I have a rip in my Aortic Valve that lets abit more blood into my Heart than usual. They mentioned if i workout everyday for 2 hours for the rest of my life it could lead to a heart attack later on in my life. So i have been told i can still work-out but just not as much as i used to do. They did say my Heart is perfectly healthy and fit.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Again definitive advice can only be given by a qualified medical examiner, so it's definitely worth asking your AFCO if you may speak to the Medical Officer - after getting hold of a copy of your ECG & medical results.

A lot of guys go on Army selection to Lichfield & undergo the medical examination only to be told they have a heart murmour. The volume of applicants are such that it's a simple rejection- the onus on the individual to then see their GP, undergo an ECG and establish whether it's of significance or simply a benign murmour.

Whilst it's often a shock to be told you have a murmour, a large percentage of us have them & in the majority of cases they are innocent & nothing to worry about. Once you've had your ECG trundle into the AFCO & see what the Doc says.

7. WTF! Is there a full moon today or what? First deaf boy and now an Army reject, who next Asthma lady or parent of ASBO yoof?

PS Sorry if this hurts anyones feelings, but I just got the bad news that I'm a right cnut and it's incurable. So standby for more of the same.

8. What?

We've all known for ages.
    :D

9. You’ve my sympathy, Naughty Bear.

I spent three arduous months waiting to be informed whether or not I would be able to continue with my application after being diagnosed with a heart murmur during my first medical. Fortunately for me, it turned out to be benign.

Were you referred for an echocardiogram?

Regardless, I sincerely hope it works out for you. If not: pucker up; there’s more to life. There always is.

10. Not quite true mucker. Army candidates have additional tests to assess how handsome we are (it's useful later when deciding who gets promoted) whilst the Navy assesses the swaying of the hips and cuticle health. :D

11. I think that's a humanoid recognition test you undertake (failures go to the crab reg) and don't call me cutie :twisted:

12. 1 Its a new moon today, so you couldn't be further from the truth.

2 Finding out you have a heart condition is a very sobering thing as I can attest to.

3 I think you should get a second opinion NZ B.

Just heard the results of that second opinion, and i can confirm you are a cunt.

13. Oh yeah I remember this test from when I joined the TA two years ago, should be picking up my Brigadiers next month. :D

14. Great, I could do with a new driver 8)

15. Coming from a soft cock of your calibre, needing a second opinion to ID a cnut indeed, I take that as a backhanded compliment.