Is it possible to change branch?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Jamie Judge, Aug 17, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone,

Due to sit my recruit test in a couple of weeks, having applied for Warfare officer initially. However, I've recently had a bit of a change of heart. I think i'd be better suited to Logistics. Is it possible to change? If so, how do I go about this?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Surely you can call up the AFCO and tell them that you intend to switch?
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You can indeed swap branch before you join. Just tell your AFCO staff when you attend for test.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Why is it that when someone clicks "informative" I automatically assume they are being sarcastic? :cool:
    • Informative Informative x 4
  5. I thought that to be fair.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. You of course realise that you are gong to get lot of clicks on informative on this one now :)
    • Informative Informative x 3
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Good point, I had something like three million Likes until this bloody bullshit button was invented :cool:

Can you still delete posts? I thought @Good CO or @Bad CO had sorted that one?
  8. I took my recruit test yesterday and passed. The AFCO woman said to me I can go for either of my 1st and 2nd chooses. (Which is seaman spec or medic assistant). She said to look into both and when I come into my interview later this month, let her know what my choice is. So I'm guessing that you can chance your preference.
  9. Ninja_Stoker

You can indeed. "You chooses your branch, you takes yer chance" as my Careers Adviser, a Chief Steward told me when I joined.