Is it normal to miss that feeling of being on deployment?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by GSSR_Vvd, Oct 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well i have been back for two weeks now and i cant help but miss being on deployment. Now there are some things which i'm glad to be back for but there is a part of me which thinks nearly on a daily basis that i miss being on deployment.

Is this normal? anyone with experience either full time or reservist wanna share thoughts on this?

Thanks

2. Re: Is it normal to miss that feeling of being on deployment

There were two feelings I loved, the first was the anticipation of what the deployment would bring, especially if we were to viist places I'd never been before. I always enjoyed that.
    The second was after months away and we were re-entering Pompey dockyard and seeing the waiting families on the jetty ready for a families day at sea. That was the best feeling!

3. Re: Is it normal to miss that feeling of being on deployment

Just loved the sight of Plymouth Sound on entering harbour after a deployment , best sight in the world . :thumright:

4. I loved deployments one of them I even went all the way round the world. NTG 2k

And defo agree after 9 months away the best feeling is seeing family and friends on the jetty waiting.

5. Re: Is it normal to miss that feeling of being on deployment

You are not alone CSSR. Its a feeling most service people have, as they return to some less formal routines and, miss some of the folk they have been VERY close to for such a long time. You will get over it :thumright: