Is it just me

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by WreckerL, Sep 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Practically every time I go to a thread, change pages whatever I keep getting this vBulletin message

We're having problems after a routine software upgrade. Aim to be online again by 0950
    Good CO, 0940

What have you done Good CO?. It seems like an MoD computer upgrade, take a working system, upgrade it and sit back and watch the chaos and confusion (or is it just me?)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Yep get the same

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Yep, me too. Disappears after refreshing the page.

4. Yep, me too! Kept checking my watch to see if it was 0950 in my time zone!

5. Why is it than when there is a software upgrade the system is down graded?

6. Who are we blaming Good CO or the bad bastard.
    Who ever it is you just cost this country a major piece of literature.
    My poem that took ages to compose (at least 10 mins) has just gone into internet cyber space.
    It is with the deepest regret I now have to inform you that should we ever meet I would be obliged to kill you on the spot.
    Good job for you that you do not frequent the classier places I do, like the Alum Rock social or the Ferret and bollock.
    Stay in the slums where you're safe.
    Yeah!.

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Its still happening, having to refresh for each thread. I've logged in and out of the site but nothing seems to be making any difference.

8. Corrected that for you Rummers we now know where it ended up:wink:

9. I was going to ask you to baby sit but now see you're a fiddler.

There's more weird bastards at Alum Rock than Fraggle

10. Testing. Testing. 1 2 3 4 5 5 4 3 2 1

Uploading (via 3G Dongle)

"Modern day Batman fight scene word bubbles"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seems to be pootling along okay from here.

End of test. B.N.M.

11. Back on line by 0950 eh.
    Just didn't say what day.
    Cleaver.

12. Sorry about that - a big screw up by me that the message was left. I'm just hoping it didn't lock anyone out!

13. Do not think it actually locked us out just became a pain as you never knew if you had posted or not or if you tried to move around the site it would stone wall you?

Is it OK now?

14. Should be. I took the site down briefly yesterday to carry out server maintenance, but clearly didn't turn off the message properly afterwards. Or rather turned it off, but didn't force the changes through. Other than that nothing on the site should have changed, except perhaps being a shade faster.

15. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

'History' forum doesn't seem to paint on 'Last 50'.

16. Search Results - Navy Net - Navy and Marine Community-210131.jpg

Not quite sure what you mean by 'paint', but seems to show in last 50 OK.

17. Is it just me that's getting a lot of adverts in what I think are Chinese characters. I know adverts are a necessary evil but ones I could actually understand would be a benefit.

18. Chinese wimmen yes, Chinese characters, no!

19. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

ℼ潤瑣灹⁥瑨汭㰾瑨汭㰾敨摡㰾瑳汹㹥筡潣潬㩲㈣㐷㡣紴潢祤琬扡敬搬癩甬ⱬ楬浻牡楧㩮㬰慰摤湩㩧細⼼瑳汹㹥猼牣灩㹴昨湵瑣潩⡮笩慶⁲㵤絻眻湩潤⹷獳昽湵瑣潩⡮⥡登楯⁤ℰ㴽孤嵡搿慛⭝㨫孤嵡ㄽ瘻牡攠搽捯浵湥⹴敧䕴敬敭瑮祂摉愨Ⱙ㵢孤嵡椻⡦楷摮睯挮獳挩獳愨∬浮ⰢⱢ潶摩〠瘬楯⁤⤰攻獬⁥晩攨笩㵡⹥牨晥瘻牡挠愽椮摮硥晏∨渦㵭⤢椻⡦㸰⥣㵢⭡☢浮∽戫攻獬⁥慶⁲㵣⭣ⰴ㵦⹡湩敤佸⡦☢Ⱒ⥣戬〽㴼㽦⹡畳獢牴湩⡧ⰰ⥣戫愫献扵瑳楲杮昨㨩⹡畳獢牴湩

20. So, that's 2 sweet and sour, 1 gon bo and 4 sticky rice. And a BJ.