Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is he a fake???

whitemouse said:
And that particular range of numbers would have been issued about 40+ years ago anyway ...sounds a little dodgy ?
:neutral:

I joined RM in Oct 88 with PO483....

Oi Nutty, my RMR number was P995... !!

Lamri said:
whitemouse said:
And that particular range of numbers would have been issued about 40+ years ago anyway ...sounds a little dodgy ?

Does this mean that about 18 - 20000 people joined the RM between 1988 - mid/late 90s - still sounds a leetle bit suspect.......

whitemouse said:
Does this mean that about 18 - 20000 people joined the RM between 1988 - mid/late 90s - still sounds a leetle bit suspect.......

Prehaps the RMR's get a different block of numbers...............

When I joined up the "Tiffs" had numbers that were quite a bit different than the othet part 1 trainees

pinky_faggot

Midshipman
Lamri - The service numbers for RMR and RNR all have a 9 for the first number to denote they are reservists.

Keith - RM service numbers do start with a P and end in another letter. The newbies that join now don't get service numbers, they get JPA numbers (or at least the matelots do anyway!) From my experience, booknecks don't wear dogtags, unless they're going to war and are likely to be killed - 1 for your neck and the other for your toe (in case your head is blown off!). They certainly don't need to wear them with civies - either he's a sad git or a fake! Also, a lot seem to have the Globe and Laurel tat on their arm - look up the history of the Corp and quiz him on that as well!! Must be a fake - met a RM faker once, reckoned he carried a SA80 in his car - all went wrong when started questioning him about it!!! He had dogtags and a dodgy tat on his arm! Keep digging and shop the lying w***ker! :twisted:

KEITH

GUYS THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLIES...HE HAS GOT TO HAVE HAD IT MADE UP FOR HIM!!!!
DON'T WORRY, WITH ALL THIS AMMUNITION HE'S FUCKED....DON'T LIKE THE GUY ANYWAY...CHEERS FELLAS

I joined in 85, PO44...B, and was issued green and red dog tags, the metal ones came in, in the early nineties. We kept hold of the tags but apart from going through Nod training and on ops no-one wore them.

the guy sounds like a cnut, drop him.

x4nd

Lantern Swinger
pinky_faggot said:
Lamri - The service numbers for RMR and RNR all have a 9 for the first number to denote they are reservists.

That would explain why my service number in the RNR was D9*****T and my RN number a year later was D21*****

clanky

War Hero
Just challenge him to a game of Soggy biscuit. If he loses deliberately.............................

ANGWISH

Lantern Swinger
KEITH said:
GUYS THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLIES...HE HAS GOT TO HAVE HAD IT MADE UP FOR HIM!!!!
DON'T WORRY, WITH ALL THIS AMMUNITION HE'S FUCKED....DON'T LIKE THE GUY ANYWAY...CHEERS FELLAS

Hang him high mate, a true Royal goes through hell to get that green beret. Muppets like this guy should'nt get away with belittleing that acheivement. :mad: :mad:

clanky said:
Just challenge him to a game of Soggy biscuit. If he loses deliberately.............................

Sticky Biscuit!!!!!!!!. Be as quick as you can!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :grin:
He would most likely think its when you dunk it in your tea!!!

ukdaytona

War Hero
This must be spreading..... My other half works with a lass who got engaged to a fella claimed to be in the RN - all she knows is his first name and now she worrying coz she not heard from him for 3-4 weeks.

After the other half told me and I stopped laughing, she proceeded to say this girl wants to know if I can find him for her.....

That kept me laughing for another half an hour. Feel sorry for her being so naive but damn, this proves how polluted the gene pool has got....

nutty_bag

War Hero
Lamri said:
whitemouse said:

And lamri, your point is?? I was in 1990-95, dont know what the numbers are now, dont care. All i know is that at the time the nods were issed with P995 as the first 4. An interesting question would be where your RMR unit was but judging by the info it would be down south somewhere. Mine was Bermondsey personally mate!!

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
KEITH said:
Never have guessed that .Its rude to shout. Caps lock off please Mr Angry. :twisted:

nutty_bag said:
And lamri, your point is??

Oh THATS bloody nice isn't it!
I was just saying that we must've joined RMR close together, oh touchy bloke!
I didn't realise that RMR at that time were ALL numbered P995, did I.

ukdaytona said:
This must be spreading..... My other half works with a lass who got engaged to a fella claimed to be in the RN - all she knows is his first name and now she worrying coz she not heard from him for 3-4 weeks.

After the other half told me and I stopped laughing, she proceeded to say this girl wants to know if I can find him for her.....

That kept me laughing for another half an hour. Feel sorry for her being so naive but damn, this proves how polluted the gene pool has got....

He's not called "Sam" by any chance? :lol: :lol: :lol: ...secret mission to Iran... in the BRN? ...If he is, we have loads on him... :lol:

moondog

War Hero
NZ_Bootneck said:
KEITH said:
Never have guessed that .Its rude to shout. Caps lock off please Mr Angry. :twisted:
SPEAK UP I CANT HEAR YOU !!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Charity regulator launches inquiry into church found promoting fake Covid-19 protection kits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Senior Enforcement Advisor at UK Medicines Regulator warns against purchasing fake or unlicensed coronavirus (COVID-19) medicines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK medicines and medical devices regulator investigating 14 cases of fake or unlicensed COVID-19 medical products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid to tackle global spread of coronavirus ‘fake news’ MoD News 0
M Barrie Trower fake ex Navy microwave weapons expert The Quarterdeck 5
MoD_RSS Facebook and eBay pledge to combat trading in fake reviews MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Summer fun – don’t fake it! MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK steps up fight against fake news MoD News 0
WreckerL Fake news, 1805 style History 2
MoD_RSS Speech: Britain champions free speech, so we’re leading the war on fake news: article by Jeremy Hunt MoD News 0
PedlarP Former Royal Navy chef jailed over £1m 'fake' sea bass scam The Quarterdeck 25
Ninja_Stoker Fake RN Application scam - Beware Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
BillyNoMates Chinese fake shit Diamond Lil's 13
Ninja_Stoker Fake Naval Captain Current Affairs 92
Apple_Catchers The Fake Para!! The Gash Barge 1
soleil Mirror: Fake Royal Marine Hero Foiled By Non-Military Boots The Corps 21
BillyNoMates "Fake" Royal Marine gets one over on David Beckham The Corps 1
onions Fake Olympics Current Affairs 9
Ninja_Stoker Fake SAS "Hero" exposed. Current Affairs 34
slim Pair admit fraud over fake statue Diamond Lil's 2
slim Seven charged over fake passports The Quarterdeck 5