Is ARRSE down?

I blame Sluggy. Cos I can as she doesn't know where I live.

Or know my phone number.

And I have grown a full set.

Last edited:

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
Are you sure? Once she has you in her sights that's it

Sent from my HTC Desire using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

Nope - I can now get the ARSE front page but on hitting Last 50 get this:

[h=2]vBulletin Message[/h] connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

The following has been copied from another site. Not too sure how valid it is but here goes. A military themed website, The Army Rumour Service, is tonight under investigation by Warwickshire Police concerning allegations of hate crimes. Sources close to the investigation state that the website, known as "ARRSE" to its members, has been promoting the "outing" of people falsely claiming to be ex-war heroes. While this in itself is not a crime, certain posters have taken to publicly humiliating and decrying private individuals. In a chilling echo of Nazi Germany, the website even has its own section for these "investigations", called the "Waltenkommando".Det Supt Clive Worthington of Warwickshire's Active Litigation Taskforce said in a prepared statement "I can confirm that a military-connected website, and certain prominent members thereof, are currently under investigation by my officers under suspicion of various offences pertaining to libellous claims."

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The following has been copied from another site. Not too sure how valid it is but here goes. A military themed website, The Army Rumour Service, is tonight under investigation by Warwickshire Police concerning allegations of hate crimes. Sources close to the investigation state that the website, known as "ARRSE" to its members, has been promoting the "outing" of people falsely claiming to be ex-war heroes. While this in itself is not a crime, certain posters have taken to publicly humiliating and decrying private individuals. In a chilling echo of Nazi Germany, the website even has its own section for these "investigations", called the "Waltenkommando".Det Supt Clive Worthington of Warwickshire's Active Litigation Taskforce said in a prepared statement "I can confirm that a military-connected website, and certain prominent members thereof, are currently under investigation by my officers under suspicion of various offences pertaining to libellous claims."
It's a wind up mate. A good one too.

"Warwickshire's Active Litigation Taskforce". Outstanding acronym this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Diamond Lil's 7
P Site Issues 16
Rincewind Social & Reunions 83