Is ARRSE down?

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by SONAR-BENDER, Jun 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I cannot access ARRSE, either from here in RR or via Google - have the PC Plods pulled the plug?

2. Tried other search engines, no go.

E-Crab still available.

3. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Seems to have been wiped.

4. And your point is..........?

• Like Like x 1
  5. It could always be a technical issue rather than nasty old PC 'gone mad'.

6. I blame Sluggy. Cos I can as she doesn't know where I live.

Or know my phone number.

And I have grown a full set.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  7. now working

8. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

Are you sure? Once she has you in her sights that's it

Sent from my HTC Desire using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

9. Nope - I can now get the ARSE front page but on hitting Last 50 get this:

[h=2]vBulletin Message[/h] connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

10. Thousands of fat balding blokes with a fetish for SLR's and 58 pattern webbing have had to talk to their wives. Ho the Horror

• Like Like x 5
  11. I'm in........................

12. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

It was a Hosting issue, the site is back. However the advert problem of SHOUTY ADS is back.

13. adblocker works a treat in those situations.....

• Like Like x 1
  14. The following has been copied from another site. Not too sure how valid it is but here goes. A military themed website, The Army Rumour Service, is tonight under investigation by Warwickshire Police concerning allegations of hate crimes. Sources close to the investigation state that the website, known as "ARRSE" to its members, has been promoting the "outing" of people falsely claiming to be ex-war heroes. While this in itself is not a crime, certain posters have taken to publicly humiliating and decrying private individuals. In a chilling echo of Nazi Germany, the website even has its own section for these "investigations", called the "Waltenkommando".Det Supt Clive Worthington of Warwickshire's Active Litigation Taskforce said in a prepared statement "I can confirm that a military-connected website, and certain prominent members thereof, are currently under investigation by my officers under suspicion of various offences pertaining to libellous claims."

15. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It's a wind up mate. A good one too.

"Warwickshire's Active Litigation Taskforce". Outstanding acronym this.

• Like Like x 7
  16. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Tell me about it..... She's suggested we "Do something together tomorrow"....... **** that, I'm hiding in the shed with my commando comics.

• Like Like x 1
  17. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Get yourself some poppers, Swarfega, tight clothing and the Scissor Sisters on the MP3 player and you'll be digging that uphill garden in no time... :twisted:

• Like Like x 3
  18. I don't know about that arrse but I hope that mine continues to point down for many years to come.

19. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I just wish your arrse wasn't so easily and frequently swapped with your head finknottle. ;-P

• Like Like x 3