Is anyone going in as a submariner chef and still waitin for a start date

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by davidjrankin123, Oct 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been waiting 23 months since I sat my exam for a start date and have been told it could be next april. Was just wondering wether anyone else was in the same boat. Lol.
  2. Nice first post. David Rankin - real name on an internet forum!!
  3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I've yet to meet a chef on a submarine. Go on, surprise us.

Good luck!
  4. A name to watch out for, your not swedish are you?
  5. I'm actually a head chef of a very successful hotel in liverpool but need a new challange. Are you trying to imply the chefs on submarines aren't very good.

6. Any relation to the author?
  7. It's the only muppet I know that cooks.

On a more serious note, the scran I've had on boats has generally always been top notch.
  8. Who is the only muppet you no that cooks. I'm just lookin forward to a new way of life with new challanges and new people
  9. There is a thread in the newbies section, 'When are you going to HMS RALEIGH'.....

People place there start dates on there, not many for your chosen trade on it as of yet but if you keep an eye on it maybe someone will come along.
  10. Aaaah, the youth of today. On the Muppet show there was a character called the Swedish Chef. Obviously the joke flew over your head, try youtube.

11. 45 engage............
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Jesus its the funniest thing ive seen this week, PMSL!!

"Badoobi doo, badoo bi doo doo be doo' Wallah turtle soup!!!

13. Thanks for the heads up.

On it now used to love the muppets ha ha