Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IRON!

Ive been looking at a number of irons, and like the look of one. What Iron should i get. They say you need a good iron, but whats a good iron? Lmao sorry but ive never shopped for a iron before, and want to get one to practice on my stuff init man. :)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
witsend said:
Are you really joining the RN or is this care in the community at first hand?

If the mong is to believed, unfortunately the world will end on the 21st of Feb, unless he bottles it of course

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
WreckerL said:
witsend said:

If the mong is to believed, unfortunately the world will end on the 21st of Feb, unless he bottles it of course

Yes wrecker, but we only have his word on this. Would you believe this retard? I starting to think "wannabe walt".

witsend said:
WreckerL said:
witsend said:

Yes wrecker, but we only have his word on this. Would you believe this retard? I starting to think "wannabe walt".

LOL :D :roll:

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
witsend said:
WreckerL said:
witsend said:

I'll let you know on the 22nd

SRT1

Badgeman
I've brought this:
http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/555436/TEFAL-FV5230
It's £35, knocked down from £60 and the filling port is at the back so you can fill it quickly, straight from the tap. However, you don't need to spend this much on an iron.

More generally, look for an average steam output over 20g/min, a steam shot capacity and a ceramic sole plate (ceramic sole plates glide better but can't be cleaned properly while stainless steel sole plates can be cleaned but are never as smooth as ceramic, avoid aluminium sole plates). A high wattage (over 2kW) will mean the iron will heat faster and be able to cope with prolonged ironing.

SRT1 said:
I've brought this:
http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/555436/TEFAL-FV5230
It's £35, knocked down from £60 and the filling port is at the back so you can fill it quickly, straight from the tap. However, you don't need to spend this much on an iron.

More generally, look for an average steam output over 20g/min, a steam shot capacity and a ceramic sole plate (ceramic sole plates glide better but can't be cleaned properly while stainless steel sole plates can be cleaned but are never as smooth as ceramic, avoid aluminium sole plates). A high wattage (over 2kW) will mean the iron will heat faster and be able to cope with prolonged ironing.

Thanks for that. Ive been looking at a £60 iron so the price aint anything im worried about. Aslong as its a good iron gets the job done thats all that counts lol.

Thanks,
Chicogiz

Is he? Top banana, well done credders. Chico, as a basic rule of thumb heavy is best when it comes to irons and you also get what you pay for. Go for a £50/£60 Tefal.

pinkprincess

Lantern Swinger
Please not to be swearing in my presence. The 'i' word is banned. It is the worst four-letter word in the world when used in the laundry sense as opposed to the metallic element :p

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
pinkprincess said:
Please not to be swearing in my presence. The 'i' word is banned. It is the worst four-letter word in the world when used in the laundry sense as opposed to the metallic element :p

I think Chico is more leg iron than steam iron :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News story: Government’s ‘cast-iron’ commitment to Cumbria’s roads MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Iron Age and Roman evidence found at Corunna Barracks Ludgershall MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Which iron shall I ... Diamond Lil's 4
Waspie Iron Lady Dies! Current Affairs 425
M Monopoly: Cat replaces iron in board game overhaul Gaming 12
Rumrat Bedding and the Iron (Not a newbie fest) The Gash Barge 20
MoD_RSS HMS Iron Duke honoured for efficiency on operations Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Navy's next helicopter completes trials on HMS Iron Duke The Fleet Air Arm 22
MoD_RSS Wildcat begins sea trials with Iron Duke Current Affairs 0
Handler H.M.S Iron Duke The Fleet 5
soleil Navy News: "Iron Duke And St Albans Swap Places On Gulf Mission" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS HMS Iron Duke and Grimsby work together in the Gulf Current Affairs 0
soleil Gibraltar Chronicle: "Father Charles And The Iron Duke" The Fleet 1
MoD_RSS HMS Iron Duke celebrates anniversary of Kuwait's independence Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS HMS Iron Duke in medical mercy dash The Fleet 0
soleil Combined Maritime Forces Website: "HMS Iron Duke's Medical Mercy Dash" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS HMS Iron Duke sets sail for the Gulf Current Affairs 1
soleil Evening Post: "HMS Iron Duke to be affiliated with Jersey" The Fleet 1
Jen_M HMS Iron Duke in Hull Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Naval_Gazer Iron Man Submariner Sports and Adventure Training 3
A IRON DUKE news coverage -was that a Sea Wolf? Current Affairs 14
soleil Navy News: "Barbados Break for HMS Iron Duke" The Fleet 9
J HMS Iron Duke The Gash Barge 9
G iron duke drugs seizure Current Affairs 0
T Iron Duke and drug runners The Quarterdeck 0
soleil HMS Iron Duke seizes three-quarters of a tonne of cocaine The Fleet 8
soleil HMS Iron Duke visits the Cayman Islands The Fleet 9
scouse Miss iron knickers has gone Current Affairs 4