Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Chicogiz, Oct 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive been looking at a number of irons, and like the look of one. What Iron should i get. They say you need a good iron, but whats a good iron? Lmao sorry but ive never shopped for a iron before, and want to get one to practice on my stuff init man. :)
  2. Fcuk off nob.
  3. If im a nob, can you suck me please?
  4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Are you really joining the RN or is this care in the community at first hand?
  5. This has been done cheesedick, good attempt at a bite. As JG says, fcuk off

6. :Thumbright:
  7. No can someone answer my question please, im serious.
  8. If the mong is to believed, unfortunately the world will end on the 21st of Feb, unless he bottles it of course
  9. If i wasnt serious i would post in Lil's.
  10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Yes wrecker, but we only have his word on this. Would you believe this retard? I starting to think "wannabe walt".
  11. LOL :D :roll:
  12. 9 Iron? 8)
  13. I'll let you know on the 22nd
  14. I've brought this:
    It's £35, knocked down from £60 and the filling port is at the back so you can fill it quickly, straight from the tap. However, you don't need to spend this much on an iron.

More generally, look for an average steam output over 20g/min, a steam shot capacity and a ceramic sole plate (ceramic sole plates glide better but can't be cleaned properly while stainless steel sole plates can be cleaned but are never as smooth as ceramic, avoid aluminium sole plates). A high wattage (over 2kW) will mean the iron will heat faster and be able to cope with prolonged ironing.
  15. Thanks for that. Ive been looking at a £60 iron so the price aint anything im worried about. Aslong as its a good iron gets the job done thats all that counts lol.

16. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Has Creddly returned?
  17. Nope his in navy now. I spoke to him, like a month ago.
  18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Is he? Top banana, well done credders. Chico, as a basic rule of thumb heavy is best when it comes to irons and you also get what you pay for. Go for a £50/£60 Tefal.
  19. Please not to be swearing in my presence. The 'i' word is banned. It is the worst four-letter word in the world when used in the laundry sense as opposed to the metallic element :p
  20. I think Chico is more leg iron than steam iron :wink: