Iraq: the British endgame

safewalrus said:
Just one tiny little question springs to my simple little mind - were exactly does F169 keep his tea towels? in his hat box/ or is that to racist?
Much as I hate coming to the defence of F169 he has a right to his opinions the same as we all have. To some good people every life is equally precious. Evil bstds like me value lives differently :smile:

Slim - thankee for your understanding, yes I agree he has his right to his views, but to an audience of mainly serving and ex service men and women who will or have put their lives on the line? in my view (and it is only my view) this would appear a little too strong!

safewalrus said:
Slim - thankee for your understanding, yes I agree he has his right to his views, but to an audience of mainly serving and ex service men and women who will or have put their lives on the line? in my view (and it is only my view) this would appear a little too strong!
I believe that F169 is putting a high value on the many innocent civilians in Iraq. We know that not all Iraqi's are terrorists, many just want a peaceful life.
I can see his point, however it is still British servicemen and women who's lives I value more than any other.
F169 will certainly let us know if my above statement is incorrect. :smile:

Hi Slim!

Don't know how I've ended up at this discussion, but I'll put my thoughts in.

I think F169 might have got your post misconstrued.

He thinks you're saying British Service Men/Women lives are a higher value than Iraqis because of their ethnic origins and/or religion.

But I know what you really mean is you would rather see 10,000 terrorists or terrorist sympathisers lose their lives than 1 British Service Man/Woman which is a fair comment.

Also if we pull out, they will eventually revert back to their barbaric ways anyway so why waste more of our Service Men/Women's lives for a cause that's only going to have an immediate effect - Not long term.

We should never have gone there in the first place. I hate the fact that I'm one of the many who foolishly believed they had WMDs.

creddly said:
Hi Slim!

Don't know how I've ended up at this discussion, but I'll put my thoughts in.

I think F169 might have got your post misconstrued.

He thinks you're saying British Service Men/Women lives are a higher value than Iraqis because of their ethnic origins and/or religion.

But I know what you really mean is you would rather see 10,000 terrorists or terrorist sympathisers lose their lives than 1 British Service Man/Woman which is a fair comment.

Also if we pull out, they will eventually revert back to their barbaric ways anyway so why waste more of our Service Men/Women's lives for a cause that's only going to have an immediate effect - Not long term.

We should never have gone there in the first place. I hate the fact that I'm one of the many who foolishly believed they had WMDs.
Put in a nutshell Credders :smile: