IRAQ - So, should we, or shouldn't we ? Strength of fee

On reflection was Britain right to invade Iraq?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• Yes

• No

• Should we leave now?

• Yes

• No

• Total voters

come_the_day

Lantern Swinger
Re: IRAQ - So, should we, or shouldn't we ? Strength of

Levers_Aligned said:
SILVER_FOX said:
We should have solved the problem first time round.

... the UN Security council only sanctioned the liberation of Kuwait, not the liquidation of Iraq.

Levers

Stormin' Norman is a general officer with respect and concern for the troops under his command, not a politician. If it was acceptable to effect regime change by Bush Jr, it would have been more so for Bush Snr to extend the mission in Gulf 1. After all, the atrocities being spoken about now preceded Gulf 1 and the Iraqi armed forces presumably had WMD at the time!

It's reminiscent of the conquest of Nazi Germany, when Montgomery's was a lonely voice insisting on the Western Allies not stopping their advance before reaching Moscow, because he saw the danger of Stalin's Soviet empire.

SILVER_FOX

War Hero

Levers – Interesting quote from Stormin’ Norman; I hadn’t heard that one before.

As far as the Security Council only sanctioning the liberation of Kuwait and not Iraq – true, but as a rule that hasn’t stopped our American cousins before.

The issue now is whether they find an excuse to move on Iran and we follow them … because that’s what we do.

Well my time has rolled up again and I am heading to Saddams sand pit on tonights flight. Right or wrong, the civvy security industry is doing ok there now ta very much. I'll let any interested parties know what the latest is when I get back. If Norman Kember turns up again I'll give him Rumrations love and a kick ***********.
Time to go and steal some Iraqi oxygen.
TTFN
Ling

chieftiff

War Hero

Lingyai,
Good luck mate, keep your head down and thanks for the tips, will e-mail you when I have read them.

Be lucky and be carefull.

D

Deleted 7

Lingyai said:
Well my time has rolled up again and I am heading to Saddams sand pit on tonights flight. Right or wrong, the civvy security industry is doing ok there now ta very much. I'll let any interested parties know what the latest is when I get back. If Norman Kember turns up again I'll give him Rumrations love and a kick ***********.
Time to go and steal some Iraqi oxygen.
TTFN
Ling

Good luck and keep safe xx

hobbit

War Hero

According to the paper today The US latest display of democracy and public relations in Iraq is the development of a new embassy on the banks of the Tigris River. With the size and potential facilities for a population of a small town, the complex has a perimeter wall three metres thick. the largest swimming pool in the country, cinema,tennis courts, shopping area with the latest delicacies from the US, own power and water supply and it's all being done with imported labour.
Meanwhile the locals are being subjected to periods without water and power, queueing for provisions and petrol and in fear of their lives every day. Sure is a good model for democracy and no doubt the servicemen and women in Iraq will be pleased their diplomats are being well catered for,

:mrgreen: