Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iranian diplomats to be expelled from the UK

Seadog

War Hero
From the BBC report:
"If any country makes it impossible for us to operate on their soil they cannot expect to have a functioning embassy here," Mr Hague told MPs.
Robust indeed. Such a shame HMG are not so robust in dealing with domestic issues.

I have no experience in Iran but I get the impression that most of the population are quite the opposite of the 'excitable',straight from central casting, shouty, angry, embassy invading, flag burning, picture stamping loons we see on television.

The destruction reminded me of London in August.

fishhead

War Hero
I feel sorry for the moderate majority in Iran.In their hurry to get rid of the old Shah and enjoy some democracy they have allowed to loonies to take over the asylum.Elections are held and fixed in favour of group holding power and dissent is brutally quashed.Let's hope no more RN warships stray into Iran's territorial waters as we might not get it back.

finknottle

Banned
From the BBC report: Robust indeed. Such a shame HMG are not so robust in dealing with domestic issues.

I have no experience in Iran but I get the impression that most of the population are quite the opposite of the 'excitable',straight from central casting, shouty, angry, embassy invading, flag burning, picture stamping loons we see on television.

The destruction reminded me of London in August.

I fully agree with your sentiments and it does appear that our PM's of recent times are more interested in strutting the world stage than dealing effectively with problems at home.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Iranian compliance with the nuclear deal: UK statement, 5 September 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on Iranian actions in the Strait of Hormuz MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary calls Chief Minister of Gibraltar, Iranian Foreign Minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary statement on Iranian ballistic missile launch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK responds to Iranian airstrikes against Israeli forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for the Middle East meets with Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary discussions on Iran nuclear deal with Iranian and European... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister: 4 February 2016 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: FCO Minister condemns bomb attack at the residence of the Iranian Ambassador to... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary’s Nowruz message to Iranian people MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Iranian nuclear talks: agreement to meet again in March MoD News 0
syparki Iranian nuclear scientist killed in car bomb Current Affairs 0
trelawney126 Iranian Warships transit SUEZ Canal Current Affairs 22
C New Iranian Submarines Submariners 11
B BARMY Iranian sailors pose in captured RN patrol boat The Quarterdeck 14
Wiggy_RN Filipino monkey to blame for Iranian patrol boat incident The Gash Barge 2
S Iranian agro vs USN in Gulf... Current Affairs 65
N Iranian Spy/Surveillance Base Current Affairs 2
left_handed_sailor Important question for the Iranian survivors Current Affairs 108
S New Iranian Submarine. Submariners 8
MoD_RSS UK and Canadian Diplomats team up for Terry Fox Anniversary Run MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Diplomats for Equality: Embassies, Delegations and Permanent Missions support Dublin Pride 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Diplomats for Equality MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Diplomats for Equality support the International Day against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia (IDAHOBIT) 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK diplomats in Canada take part in 24hr Global Relay Marathon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Best of British on display at the Day of Diplomats, Turkmenistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Low-emission cars to help make UK diplomats “the greenest in the world” MoD News 0
N Blonds make bad diplomats, says Japanese minister The Gash Barge 8