Iran

Ballistic

War Hero
It's almost like he's trying to drum up nationalistic support for his upcoming presidential campaign or something...

... and at the same time shifting the focus away from domestic issues like... oh, I dunno... impeachment?

Cynical? Moi? :rolleyes:

taffscrivs

War Hero
There will need to be some intense diplomatic negotiations now or we are going to be dragged into another war we don't want. Trump is nothing more than a shit stirring gobshite and needs reigning in pdq.

skyvet

GCM
Nice of The Sun newspaper (?) to try and implicate the Aussies into the brewing conflict by posting a picture in their online newspaper (?) with the caption "British Nuclear Submarine ready to strike Iran if tensions turn to war". Pictured is an Aussie "Collins" class diesel boat, clearly flying the Aussie ensign on the fin.
Where do they get their reporters from - kindergarten?

skyvet

GCM
^Stand fast Liverpudlians but one might innocently inquire 'Who reads the Sun...?'
Ah Bob .... when one has to rely on the internet for "British newspapers" (or wait until the following day to spend a months wages for one from the local shop), ones choice is limited! Also, I live in hope for the resurrection of page 3!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Just had a look at the online Sun and the phot in question is an Astute class SSN flying a blue ensign so on sea trials before acceptance into the RN. The badge on the flag is an anchor.

skyvet

GCM
Just had a look at the online Sun and the phot in question is an Astute class SSN flying a blue ensign so on sea trials before acceptance into the RN. The badge on the flag is an anchor.
I bow to your superior knowledge Wrecker, but I have to say it looks exactly like the Collins class!

Attachments

Stirlin

War Hero
We may be in for some shit as Iranians were burning the Jack as well as US flag day after strike.

Ballistic

War Hero
I'm not sure if the deafening silence from the Prime Minister is a good or bad thing.

Perhaps nobody's told him... :rolleyes: