Ipods!

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
If I heard aright Obama gave Gordon Mugabe an iPod as his ceremonial gift on behalf of the US. If Gordon were a gent (which he isn't) he would pass it on to AB Batchelor. Unless of course it's a second-hand one from Iran.

flymo said:
Starter for ten: What item made in the UK could be handed back in return?

Well ..... come on.... come on ....
Proper cheese.

At least a thousand other things if I could be arsed to think of them.

Not doing too well on that philosophy really flymo.

Cracking comment Dicky. An irrelevant swear word is always a gem.

Well done.

Actually, B Obama gave the i-Pod (probably made in China) to Her Majesty. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...esident_obama_gives_queen_ipod_loaded_-1.html

Her Majesty's Royal iPod gift was stocked with 40 tunes from popular Broadway productions, including "West Side Story," "My Fair Lady" and "South Pacific."

The playlist also features "Oklahoma!" Carol Channing's rendition of "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend," "Memory" from Cats and "Shall We Dance?" featured in "The King and I."

The new iPod from the Obamas is also very likely loaded with the most remembered moment of the Queen's 2007 visit to Virginia - when President George W. Bush stumbled over a line and suggested that she helped celebrate America's bicentennial in 1776, not 1976. After some giggling by the crowd, and stern look from Her Majesty, Bush joked, "She gave me a look that only a mother could give a child."

Passed-over_Loggie said:
Actually, B Obama gave the i-Pod (probably made in China) to Her Majesty. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...esident_obama_gives_queen_ipod_loaded_-1.html

Her Majesty's Royal iPod gift was stocked with 40 tunes from popular Broadway productions, including "West Side Story," "My Fair Lady" and "South Pacific."

The playlist also features "Oklahoma!" Carol Channing's rendition of "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend," "Memory" from Cats and "Shall We Dance?" featured in "The King and I."

The new iPod from the Obamas is also very likely loaded with the most remembered moment of the Queen's 2007 visit to Virginia - when President George W. Bush stumbled over a line and suggested that she helped celebrate America's bicentennial in 1776, not 1976. After some giggling by the crowd, and stern look from Her Majesty, Bush joked, "She gave me a look that only a mother could give a child."
What made him think HMQs musical taste was that naff :roll: and yep you are right as both mine are proudly made by Apple in China, says a lot that does.